Delaware Gang @ Two Weeks Old (PICS for Del Fans)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Mar 11, 2009.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Hi Cyn, Hi guys!!! Grow fast, grow big! Cyn the hatched Delies made it here today. Got ten of the little guys running around with the Sizzles. They make the sizzles look like button quail.

3. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    wow there big for 2week olds. i ordered 5 del pullets and a del roo from cackle being shipped april 1st. good looking chicks.[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    [​IMG] What cuties!! Proud mama!

5. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Nice looking fuzzies Cyn. Looks like you've got several pullets there.

Mine went in the bator today. I'm crossing my fingers they do as well as yours did.

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:How do you sex them? Mine are in the mail (I *think* [​IMG] ) hope mine do as well as yours Cyn [​IMG]

eta- just checked, they were mailed yesterday [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  7. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    It's more a matter of being around them so long you can just sorta tell. I know that's a great help. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Tracy has a good point. When someone raises one breed in particular for awhile, he/she just gets a sense of who is who. I'm fairly new to Delawares myself, but I do think I have a good number of pullets out of this fourteen. Generally, males have more color at the shoulder area than the females, so that's one way to guage the sex.

Hey, Tracy, what's your verdict on the chick in the first picture? That's the one I marked with green permanent marker.

9. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I have gotten good at sexing the pea combs on the ones I hatch, have been right a good 95% of the time, although I haven't been doing it long, I am catching on [​IMG]

10. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Oh! they are wonderful. How did you get the close-ups?
    I guess I just need to learn to use my camera better. Mine are doing sooooo good so far. I love the little BR's. The girls have those swishy little tails and the boys? are beginning to get them too. Big Mac is so quiet. I wonder if it could be a girl? The only dominate one is the large Br. I call Jake. If thats a girl it will be Jackie. LOL Jean

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by