Delaware Gang @ Two Weeks Old (PICS for Del Fans)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
DCP_2259Georgie.jpg

DCP_2257.jpg

DCP_2256.jpg

DCP_2251.jpg

Hi Cyn, Hi guys!!! Grow fast, grow big! Cyn the hatched Delies made it here today. Got ten of the little guys running around with the Sizzles. They make the sizzles look like button quail.

Nice looking fuzzies Cyn. Looks like you've got several pullets there.

Mine went in the bator today. I'm crossing my fingers they do as well as yours did.

Quote:
How do you sex them? Mine are in the mail (I *think*
lol.png
) hope mine do as well as yours Cyn
big_smile.png

eta- just checked, they were mailed yesterday
cool.png

Last edited:
It's more a matter of being around them so long you can just sorta tell. I know that's a great help.
lol.png

Tracy has a good point. When someone raises one breed in particular for awhile, he/she just gets a sense of who is who. I'm fairly new to Delawares myself, but I do think I have a good number of pullets out of this fourteen. Generally, males have more color at the shoulder area than the females, so that's one way to guage the sex.

Hey, Tracy, what's your verdict on the chick in the first picture? That's the one I marked with green permanent marker.

I have gotten good at sexing the pea combs on the ones I hatch, have been right a good 95% of the time, although I haven't been doing it long, I am catching on
thumbsup.gif

Oh! they are wonderful. How did you get the close-ups?
I guess I just need to learn to use my camera better. Mine are doing sooooo good so far. I love the little BR's. The girls have those swishy little tails and the boys? are beginning to get them too. Big Mac is so quiet. I wonder if it could be a girl? The only dominate one is the large Br. I call Jake. If thats a girl it will be Jackie. LOL Jean

Back
Top Bottom