Deodorizing rabbit tunnel

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Anyone know how to get the smell of rabbit pee out of a tunnel? Its that nylon type material I'm guessing. Anyway, she loves it which is awesome, but still being potty trained, sweet Aspen decided to mark her territory in it. I've deodorized it twice with Natures Miracle cage cleaner, its an enzymatic formal, but it still smells! I don't want to put it back in there or she'll pee in it again.:p Thoughts? Thanks guys!

Have you tried soaking or rinsing with lots of water, then putting it outside to dry? I know the enzyme cleaners are supposed to break it down, but actually removing the urine with lots of water and fresh air might help where the cleaner failed.

If you get it so YOU cannot smell the urine, you might then wash it again, or use the enzyme cleaner again, before giving it back to her (because I'm assuming a rabbit's nose is more sensitive than yours.)

You might try just giving her things you can throw away (like cardboard boxes to hide in) until she is more thoroughly potty trained.

Have you tried soaking or rinsing with lots of water, then putting it outside to dry? I know the enzyme cleaners are supposed to break it down, but actually removing the urine with lots of water and fresh air might help where the cleaner failed.

If you get it so YOU cannot smell the urine, you might then wash it again, or use the enzyme cleaner again, before giving it back to her (because I'm assuming a rabbit's nose is more sensitive than yours.)

You might try just giving her things you can throw away (like cardboard boxes to hide in) until she is more thoroughly potty trained.
Thank you! I will try this.
You have a good point, plus the tunnel is quite large and she can't move to a bigger part of the house until she's potty trained, so it will be more space efficient to give it to her then. Thank you!

If you cannot get the smell out of the tunnel, you could throw it away and buy a new one after you trust her not to pee on it. (Depending on how much it cost-- if it would be expensive, you could throw it away and not buy a new one.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom