Depluming Mites And How To Treat Hens???

We have finished the two months of treatment with the Ivermectin on my RIR and it's been about two weeks now, since her very last treatment. When I was treating her with Ivermectin, did that also deworm her? The reason I ask, is that I need to deworm my girls and the dewormer that I have on hand to use is one that goes into their food. I just want to be sure that it is safe for my RIR to have this after just receiving the Ivermectin, or should she not be dewormed? Thanks for any advice!

Hello i also believe at least ast 3 of my girls have them bright red skin on there necks and no feathers just little stubs i got ivermincin and treated them last night but how many days do i treat them i dont want to over dose them thanks any info would be greatly appreciated

We have finished the two months of treatment with the Ivermectin on my RIR and it's been about two weeks now, since her very last treatment. When I was treating her with Ivermectin, did that also deworm her? The reason I ask, is that I need to deworm my girls and the dewormer that I have on hand to use is one that goes into their food. I just want to be sure that it is safe for my RIR to have this after just receiving the Ivermectin, or should she not be dewormed? Thanks for any advice!
Hello i belive 3 of my girls have tge same issue how long do you treat with ivermincin is it daily or weekly dor 2 months any help would be greatly appreciated

This is helpful. Thank you. Some of my flock has these and I am trying to not pull my OWN hair out over it. I'll try Ivermectin.

Ivermectin shots and oregano drink helped cure my elderly rooster of depluming feather mites recently. Don't know whether he'll get them again when it warms up. The cold weather may have helped kill off the depluming feather mites, too. None of my other 12 chickens got them. His immune system is old, and he is a mean boy so doesn't get to go out and take dust baths like the others, in fresh soil. I did bring in fresh soil for him, into his run, too.

Did the ivermectin treatments ever cure your chickens from the depluming mites? I just did my first round of pour on with half my girls last night. It’s getting bad. I call them sticks because they have no plumage in their feathers.

Did the ivermectin treatments ever cure your chickens from the depluming mites? I just did my first round of pour on with half my girls last night. It’s getting bad. I call them sticks because they have no plumage in their feathers.

It did! I followed the exact treatment method from @TwoCrows at the beginning of this thread and that was the end of it. My hen eventually molted and grew in pretty feathers in all of her bare spots and her red, irritated skin eventually cleared as well. Best of luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom