Designer Egg Chain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I'm in another swap thread. I think I need intervention. What I could really use is a cabinet incubator. I think I'll just lurk around for a while and try not to swap. If I get all the eggs owed to me as it is all at once i'll be in big trouble. I could just take out the turners and the bators will hold more.
hit.gif

I'm a hatch-a-holic.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I'll take them. I have 6+ eggs from my freerange flock which is as follows:

Blue Orpington and Barnevelder roosters
Buff Orpington, Barred Rock, Blue & Splash Orpington, Rhode Island Red, Easter Egger, and Turken hens

There's a chance for some pure as well as mixes.

Darn! Any chance you'll be playing again? I'd love to get some blue in my "designer" flock! Hot2Pot- your pen #2 is very tempting though...
tongue.png
Hmm...

Quote:
Yes, they are Cackle Hatchery's production red. They are quite dark in color and are really nice looking birds. My son took some to the
4-H fair, a few years back, and won GC pullet pen. Sure, it was 4-H but they were up against birds shown in the "real" shows, also. If we still raised hatchery birds I wouldn't hesitate to have Cherry Eggers, again. They are great layers.

Quote:

Buff Orpington, Barred Rock, Blue & Splash Orpington, Rhode Island Red, Easter Egger, and Turken hens

Darn! Any chance you'll be playing again? I'd love to get some blue in my "designer" flock! Hot2Pot- your pen #2 is very tempting though...
tongue.png
Hmm...

Maybe
big_smile.png
I'm looking dark egg layers, Olive Eggers, or EE...

I've got mostly EEs in my flock, and can send green eggs only if ya want
cool.png
The rooster is a black EE, and most of my hens are EE or 50% EE.

Quote:

Sounds good to me. I offer eggs from 2 groups, one has a buff orp roo, rir , Dominique and black australorp hens. The other pen has a rir roo , lt. Brahma, gold lace and silver laced Wyandottes and cherry eggers. 6 Plus a purebred mystery egg!

Current offer. Someone please take these before I have to!
tongue.png

Quote:

Sounds good to me. I offer eggs from 2 groups, one has a buff orp roo, rir , Dominique and black australorp hens. The other pen has a rir roo , lt. Brahma, gold lace and silver laced Wyandottes and cherry eggers. 6 Plus a purebred mystery egg!

Mine! couldn't resist the offer of larger chickies with a purebred mystery egg. Thank you Betsy for starting this and letting me know. Just what I needed, more eggs to set. Lol. Hopefully they will arrive in time to set for saturday.

I offer 6 from my mixed layer flock. Possibility of one blue/green egg. The easter egger pullets aren't laying yet or are laying brown or white. My eggs were a nice dark brown when they started laying but the color has toned down quite a bit.

Hens/pullets (will try not to send pullet eggs):

golden comets
dekalb amberlinks
production reds
easter eggers
jersey giant
golden comet/amberlink crosses
easter egger/silkie cross

Roos:

golden comet- head roo
jersey giant - second in command who gets whoever he can but is allowed to mate with the younger pullets as they are his
easter eggers
golden comet/amberlink mix

I will send out 6+

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom