DESIGNER EGG CHAIN

What (Breeds) are you using to make your Oliver Eggers?

These are F2 Brother/ sisters. BCM/Am.
Roo:
Long John Silver

Rufus

Girls:
Cinder

Raven

Little

Raven lays a brown egg. Cinder and Little lay olive. Raven was my most reliable winter layer as well as lays an egg 10 grams larger than the other two. If Long John fathers the egg they will most likely lay olive. I am not sure about Rufus. His comb neither looks like pea or a single but something in between so I can only guess at this point if he will pass on the blue gene.

So Long John x Raven + 50% olive, 50% brown
Rufus x Raven = 50% brown, 50%?

With Cinder and Little they should throw 75% olive and 25% brown with Long John
With Rufus it will be 50% olive, 25% brown, 25%?

Soon I should be rotating Rufus out for a SBEL cockerel but that won't be until May and then it is up to the hens when he gets to contribute.

I always break at least one of each of the girls eggs to check for bullseyes before shipping. I would rather delay shipping than send you dud eggs.

Last edited:
Just Joining...
1f423.png

Well I may have come up with something by accident yesterday. My little man bred with my Delaware hen that I have in there with him. I will snatch her egg today and place it in the bator. I want to see what comes of that. game x Delaware???

Well I may have come up with something by accident yesterday. My little man bred with my Delaware hen that I have in there with him. I will snatch her egg today and place it in the bator. I want to see what comes of that. game x Delaware???
How's this coming along?

How's this coming along?

My Delaware was killed by my big Delaware rooster he yanked her through the chainlink fence and broke her neck. However I have 2 eggs in the incubator that are hers, her first one and the one she laid the day before she died. The one from the day before she died is Tiny and thick shelled so not sure if it will hatch or not, but I am giving it a try. The first one is due to hatch the 23rd.

Will be watching to see what comes up =)

I am working on a strain of White Plymouth & Partridge Plymouth Crosses. They turn out a beautiful Blue Bird with White markings. The girls I hatched out last fall are turning out to be be bigger than the partridges and seem to be fairly strong layers.

I am also testing A White Plouth Rock with a Blue Andalusian cross to see what comes out. I only have 1 Andalusian hen so this is a slow one =)

I claim those RIR's.

I offer 6+ Olive Eggers eggs to go out either the week of the 6th of April or he week of the 20th of April.

This looks to be the last offer.

Penny Hen: You have anything else to offer to get this chain back up and running again?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom