desperatly need help

ok found the bill it is breathing pretty good the membraine seems a little dry is it supposed to be like that?   the humidity is about 50%right now with me opening the bator

No, it shouldn't be dry but happens when you have to assist... and this one will need more assisting later since it's wrong end pipped...

Tot any vaseline or antibiotic ointment w/out painreliever? Rub wet finger across the dry membrane then dab a little ointment across the exposed bits of membrane... just be careful not to get it in the nares... the ointment will help keep the membrane from drying more and contracting around the duckling...

If you have a spray bottle, put warm water in it and mist the bator when you open it, that will help keep the humidity up...

Got any more pipped? Or possible?

No, it shouldn't be dry but happens when you have to assist... and this one will need more assisting later since it's wrong end pipped...

Tot any vaseline or antibiotic ointment w/out painreliever? Rub wet finger across the dry membrane then dab a little ointment across the exposed bits of membrane... just be careful not to get it in the nares... the ointment will help keep the membrane from drying more and contracting around the duckling...

If you have a spray bottle, put warm water in it and mist the bator when you open it, that will help keep the humidity up...

Got any more pipped? Or possible?
not yet.. i have one that is bouncing around pretty good thinking maybe tonight or tomorrow.. so far 3 have hatched out 2 are ify when see when i candle later still to light..but there is no oder coming from the bator so im just waiting .. i found another small hole on the other side
of the upside down baby is that a sign of it piping..im ready to help the baby just not sure what i have to do ..if it was a normal baby i would be ok.. im afraid im going to something wrong... will neosporian work?

Last edited:
not yet.. i have one that is bouncing around pretty good thinking maybe tonight or tomorrow.. so far 3 have hatched out 2 are ify when see when i candle later still to light..but there is no oder coming from the bator so im just waiting .. i found another small hole on the other side 
of the upside down baby is that a sign of it piping..im ready to help the baby just not sure what i have to do ..if it was a normal baby i would be ok.. im afraid im going to something wrong... will neosporian work?

Neosporin works fine as long as it doesn't have pain reliever in it...

Wrong end pippers are really hard to tell when they're ready... if you can, locate the air cell and carefully picke the shell off that spot and the first layer of membrane... use the neosporin again to moisten the membrane where it should have pipped... that will let you see the veins there and you can monitor them... ince they recede well, it *should* be ready to assist out...

Neosporin works fine as long as it doesn't have pain reliever in it...

Wrong end pippers are really hard to tell when they're ready... if you can, locate the air cell and carefully picke the shell off that spot and the first layer of membrane... use the neosporin again to moisten the membrane where it should have pipped... that will let you see the veins there and you can monitor them... ince they recede well, it *should* be ready to assist out...
oh thank you so much i will keep you posted !!

Very welcome! Just holler if you need more help, and yes, please let me know how it goes...
smile.png
just opened the air sack sure wish it had turned it has a hugh air pocket... it has absorbed almost all the yolk very small amount left should i break the membrain?
can they stay the night in the bater?

just opened the air sack sure wish it had turned it has a hugh air pocket... it has absorbed almost all the yolk very small amount left should i break the membrain?
can they stay the night in the bater?

Don't break that membrane, especially since you see it still has some yolk to absorb... as long as bill is clear to breath, it *should* be ok for the night... at this point, not much else you can do... if it is strong enough, it will be fine til morn... you don't want to pull it out before it is ready, best to wait til it tries to push out...

Don't break that membrane, especially since you see it still has some yolk to absorb... as long as bill is clear to breath, it *should* be ok for the night... at this point, not much else you can do... if it is strong enough, it will be fine til morn... you don't want to pull it out before it is ready, best to wait til it tries to push out...
ok thank you it is cheaping pretty good hoping it makes it

ok thank you it is cheaping pretty good hoping it makes it

Peeping is a great sign! :thumbsup

Keeping :fl for it and you!

Oh, and the others should be fine til morning in the bator if you want to leave them in there, otherwise if they are dry and active you could move them to the brooder... up to you... :)

Back
Top Bottom