Devastated-Hawkeye is Dead..

Oh no! Im so sorry!
hugs.gif

I am so, so, sorry. I know how devestated you must feel, and heartbroken. I really hope you aren't blaming yourself. It is obvious you loved him so much. Just know that he knew that, too. I am so glad this forum is here where we can openly grieve for our beloved chickens and be understood. You are in my thoughts.
hit.gif

awww Cyn!! believe me i know what you are going thru. you are probably still going thru woulda/shoulda scenarios right now. heck i'm a grown man and i cried for well over a week a few months back when i ran over my favorite cat Miss Cleo in the driveway and i was just going to put her up for the night so she would be safe. i'm talking about i cried all day long. she was probably my favorite pet, EVER, and i killed her. it really sucks when we do more harm than good trying to help, but for all we know that medicine may not have been what killed him. so dont beat yourself too much, b/c you gave him a wonderful life, and he loved you and was grateful for everything you did for him. Stuff like this happens, and i dont know why, i dont understand it, but i do know that its not right, and that theres nothing you or me can do about it. the best advice i can give you is cry till you are too dehyrdrated to cry anymore, let it all out, and in the morning get up, dust yourself off, and collect those eggs! I need me a Hawkeye son to name Murdock to breed my barred rock girls and share some of Conways RareAssorted hens!

I think we can all agree that Hawkeye was a bit of a celebrity around these parts and at this time i'd like to make a motion to make Hawkeye the official mascot of Backyard Chickens!

Last edited:
After having met Hawkeye "in person" and seeing how much like my lead roo Buster he was, I can certainly understand the hole his passing leaves in your heart.
2007-03Mar28-24-1.jpg

Hope Zane turns out to be a chip of the old block.

Quote:
OMG Cyn...I just saw this .... I am SO devastated for you
hit.gif

I am saying this not to make you sad or feel guilty but I seem to KEEP having to repeat it...ppl do NOT use aromatics around your birds... this includes most of those often touted "natural" products which use essential oils which are often aromatics ( which non-harmful to humans can and WILL have extremely detrimental effects on your birds)
WATCH OUT AND DO NOT USE TOPICAL CREMES WHICH ARE MEDICATED TO NUMB PAIN AS THE MOST COMMON INGREDIENT IS OF THE "-caine" GROUP .... see here:
http://www.worldwidewounds.com/2003/august/Cousquer/Avian-Wound-Assessment.html
(excerpt)
"...Analgesia can be provided with NSAIDs (e.g. carprofen (Rimadyl)) 5mg/kg subcutaneously or intravenously. Local anaesthetics should not be used in birds due to the suggested sensitivity of birds to drugs of the procaine group "."
... :aww

Back
Top Bottom