DH is going to regret leaving me the truck!

Go for it girl!!! Good luck!!! Aren't we an empowering group?!!
smile.png

Quote:
I have my own set! It's the actual truck I have trouble getting my hands on. He takes it off to work five days a week.

You go girl!!! I had a runner I wanted on my stairs!! I asked for a year!!! Never got done, I got sick of the roll of runner always in my way. So The first day of elk season I called and someone put it in for me!! My DH thought I put it in myself for about two days!! Then I could not keep a straight face!
woot.gif
Good luck with your floor. What would they do if they had to wait all of those years for there dinner or clean underwear?
hu.gif

Quote:
Good question! Tonight I worked on the tricky spot. It's a square area right off the kitchen that goes to the bathroom and the basement stairs. There are more measurements in that little corner than there will be in the rest of the kitchen. Cutting it will be a big chore. It's a few inches this way and a few that way.
barnie.gif
he.gif

idea: make a paper pattern out of newspaper (taped together then cut ... just as if you were making a pattern for a dress )

if you are super critical about how it will look, then use that pattern to cut one out of muslin and see how THAT fits

(I never get that careful !)

this made an enormous difference when we had to fit flooring into a long narrow bathroom around cabinets, toilet AND bidet (and all the water supplies, etc, coming through the floor)

we rough-cut-to-fit out in the driveway, leaving about an inch extra all the way around "just in case" ... then did final trimming with box-cutter knives

I made a pattern out of cardboard for the curved counter corner but the rest is simple square corners. Lots of them!

We used to have a green carpet in our hall, stairs and landing. It was old when my parents moved in in 88, and it had had holes for a long time before my mum left in 96. It was finally replaced in about 04, and has since become my dad's new baby. God forbid anyone should wear shoes in the house / get a little mud on the carpet / drop half a wood shaving
he.gif

Gosh, you chicks aren't b_tchy enough. When I want some thing done, my DH knows it better get done....yesterday!! (insert crack the whip smiley) I'm just very impatient and its just better to do it than put up with me!!
gig.gif

Quote:
One has to choose one's battles. With the dairy farm there are other battles too!

I finally got the first piece in!
wee.gif
I still have to finish putting in it's million nails and sink them but the fitting is done and it's not coming back out! If I have to mark 1 1/4 in this way and then 1 1/2 in that way again, I may just scream-I'm not a screamer but........
smack.gif

The rest should be easy. Some basic cuts but nothing like the first piece. I should have an air nailer but, alas the old hammer works.
idunno.gif

How awesome for you! In our old house, we had nasty carpet in two rooms that the cats had destroyed. One day I ripped it all out of the formal living room and put down Pergo. It was very easy and looks awesome. Really, just clicked it together and put trim around the baseboards, with a T moulding where it met the tile. The other room, I painted the floor to seal it (concrete floor), and then bought these gorgeous slate-looking peel and stick tiles from Home Depot for .99 a square foot. Took me about 4 hours to do a 12x12 room. I started at the door jamb (you are not supposed to start there), because I had ceramic tile in the hallway and I wanted the small room to meet the ceramic at the diagonal. Anyway, it looks awesome!! Still down with nothing peeling and no gaps anywhere after 5 years. No one can believe that it is vinyl until they walk on it. It looks rich, like slate.

Good luck!!!! These projects are so fun and satisfying to know that you did it yourself!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom