DH's good friend and his stupid dog-a vent! Warning...it's long!

That man was a guest in your home, dined on the food you made, and showed no regard for your posessions or feelings. He is no friend of your family.

I agree 100%. No one brings a dog to my house and allows it to run. No one. For that matter, they better not think they're going to let their kids run loose, either. And if my DH allowed it, he'd be sleeping in the coop with the chickens. Thank goodness, he's not like that, nor does he tolerate stupid, rude people in our home anyway. I can just see him getting out the gun to shoot the visiting predator, too.​

Anyone who brings an animal to your home, makes you watch it, and disregards its bad behaviour is an ass...and sorry to say, your dh is an enabling ass.

This is your home, your rules. You wouldn't allow someone's child to act this way, why is his pet allowed to.

This person is disrespectful of your time, your work, your family, your pets and your possessions. Your husband taking the buddy's side over the offense to you and your daughter is unacceptable. I think the suggestions of others have been wise. When calm explain the expense to dh, ask him if he would like his shoes/cds/golf clubs/prized possession ruined by someone else's pet. Maybe phrase it along the lines of what if one of your girlfriends came over, made disparaging remarks about his job (after all your meal was perfect for a dog's food), and that his hobbies needed to be ruined, maybe she smokes in his car or something....and you defend her. Maybe if he sees it in another context he will understand.

Personally, I can't imagine bringing a dog to someone elses home, much less allowing that kind of behavior.

Maybe, your dh is feeling guilty about his friend, and is defending him for that reason. I hope so anyway.

Good luck

Your husband is incosiderate of you, and you/your DD should be his number one priority plain and simple. Any one who is not considerate of my wife/kid has a serious problem with me.
You need to take the situation in your own hands.
I would not hesitate to send him the bill, he prob won't pay it though.
The gun idea I am with whole heartedly. I might even hide the shotgun, and crack one off into the air while he's inside, just to scare the H_ ll outa him and make him think I shot his dog.

If he was at my house and did that all hell would break loose! If I were you I'd would take the dog next time he comes for a visit and pad lock it in the kennel until he leaves. If it chased my animals then I'd take the paint ball gun to it and let him clean the dog up. Or let the dog get a few BB's in his butt I bet he would leave the chickens alone. I have no problems being a B***H and hubby knows it! I say your hubby needs to man up and tell his buddy to leave the dog at home from now on.

Once is an accident.
Twice is rude.
Three strikes and that's not a friend anymore!
I completely agree with what everyone said...
If he's that stupid, then there's no way that I'd even let him in my house anymore...
And I send him the bill for the drycleaning...
I've only just calmed down enough after reading this to make any sense at all...

IMO, it's the buddy's fault...NOT the dog's. My DH is sitting here just amazed that your DH is taking his friend's side and not yours. If it where me, the next time the friend came over I would tell him to leave and tell DH to leave with him. If he misses you at least he'll have that dog and his buddy to cuddle with.

Quote:
HAHAHAHA!! You made me snort coffee through my nose! HAHAHAHA
lau.gif

I firmly beleive "buddy" should pay for the comforter, we all are responsible for any damage our pets or even kids do to someone eles property, weather accidental or on purpose.

I'd also like to say that I have a brother-in-law who is a bachelor and spends ALOT of time at our house, he has over the last few months done many many things that I find disrespectful in my home. I was keeping quiet about it and silently fuming, then I talked to hubby and said this can't go on. I'm going to loose my cool with him. My hubby agrees with me but is quite passive and likes to "keep the peace" but he did talk to him and say ya Kim works really hard and she doesn't mind having you for dinner EVERYNIGHT ( I do tho) and she feel taken advantage of because you seem not to respect how she runs our home, how she deals with our dog (he is one of these MY WAY IS THE ONLY WAY PPL) She doesnt like you getting the dog all worked and running around (we have 3 acres for this, is my opinion) I worked very hard with my dog to teach her manners. Anyway Im rambling...He just laughed hubby off, he thinks he is funny. So this past Sunday I finally lost it on him I ranted and raved about all his bad habits, told him I can see why he is single no woman could possibly tolerate him, and I kicked him out of my home UNFED. Its Tuesday he hasn't been back but is calling hubby alot wanting to know if I still have PMS (i don't) LOL
Anyway I told hubby he(bro in -law) can stay away awhile till he learns some respect for me, my animals,my home.

I bet he's missing my homecooking!!!

I haven't read all the replies.

If this was my story and my family, animals and home. I would NOT wait for my DH to step up, I would NEVER let that dog near MY property again.
Feel free to give your DH warning in advance, tell him next time the friend shows up you'll be waiting with a weapon if the dog is with him. Let your DH know its up to him if he wants to talk to the friend first or if he wants his friend to be surprised.

Back
Top Bottom