Diabetics - Anyone on Victoza?

TammyTX

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 16, 2009
Texas
I've been on it for over a year. Before that I was on Byetta.

At first it was great. It cut my hunger to NOTHING, for months, and as a result my sugar levels were great.

After the first four months I noticed I was getting hungry again. After a year+ my sugar levels are not regulated and I put all the weight I had lost, back on.

I have an Endo appt on the 18th and if anyone else knows something good to try, please tell me!!

Not on Victoza, but I am on 3 other meds for Type 2.
I can agree how frusterating the disease it though !! I am so tired of taking pills, and doing this and doing
that and nothing working, then it works for awhile, then plummets again
th.gif

I tried Actos along with the Victoza and it caused a molar to absess! I also use Glumetza 1000mg twice a day.

The shots sound scary, but they aren't...once a day in the belly and it doesn't really hurt.

It is a frustrating problem. About the only time I have great control is if I'm low carbing it.

I packed on 50 extra pounds before they figured out what was wrong with me.
I started out on Metformin. Then added Janumet . Then they added Glimiperide. Then it was too much Glimeride, I was extremely enemic , and starting to show signs if some kidney damage ! Gee thanks DOc !
so they took away some Metformin, and added Actos a month ago . Expensive crap ! How did you figure it out that it causes a molar abcess ??
My SIL started some injection also, she lost 13 pounds on it.
I am finally starting to take care of myself, now that the kids have moved out , I have no excuse anymore. I am low carbing it, and took myself off of the Glimiperide
so I wouldnt be crashing every 4 hours .
I will find out in a couple of weeks, when it is time to check my A1C again.

I have had problems with jaw/tooth pain with some other diabetic meds, like Metformin. Which is crazy because Glumetza is metformin. The doctor thinks it's something in the binder used in the pill.

I started the Actos and within about three days I was in terrible pain and on the fourth day I couldn't eat anything except for pudding.
The dentist told me she thought there was a crack in the tooth, and there may have been, but it didn't bother me until I started the Actos. I had read online that tooth problems can be a side effect.

Back
Top Bottom