Diarrhea and eating very little

Kelli Michele

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 28, 2014
I have a 8 month old Barred Rock hen that has had diarrhea for about 2 days now. She seems to be drinking but is eating only a little. I have 2 other Barred Rock hens and they seem fine. Peep (the "sick" one) doesn't look thin and has all her color, but she has been acting a little off, nothing major just kind of standing around and pecking the ground a little bit. This is my first year for chickens and I'm not really sure if she'll just clear up or there is something I should be doing. Its getting cold and rainy, so I'm not sure if that's part of the problem either.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I'm sorry to hear about your sick hen. I would post about her in the Emergencies section of the forums: Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures Hopefully, members there can help.

Good luck!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like she could have coccidiosis. However you should post this in our emergency section for more help with this. BantamLover has left you with the link.

I hope you can get her healed up soon!
hugs.gif

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I'm sorry to hear about your bird! Definitely post in the Emergencies section.

I've posted this in the correct section. Thanks for the help, I'm a first timer, wrong section, oops!

Back
Top Bottom