Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I had a very poor hatch of shipped eggs. Despite Wisher1000's wonderful packaging, they came a long way and were beat up. Out of 14 eggs 1 chick hatched. 3 were early deaths, 4 were late deaths, and 7 were scrambled. The chick that hatched is an adorable Silver Campine. She is very healthy and will run around the brooder, eat, and drink. I am however looking for 1 or 2 other chicks so that she doesn't have to be alone.

Here is the Silver Campine chick. I still need a name for her.

She likes to cuddle with her new friend mirror.

So after two really bad hatches on shipped eggs I will definitely get local eggs next time. Even with a great packaging job like Wisher1000's, shipping eggs is very hard on the eggs.
awwwww she is sweetness!!!!

Gotta love day 19 and 20 hatches.

null-112.jpg
thumbsup.gif

Went to a friends house on Saturday.. Came home...

One of my Serama roosters, a pullet, and another roo were dead... That Serama roo was the first out of my very first hatch... I will miss my Pete... And the other two, Omlet and Poachy, were also from one of my first hatches.. Now my Serama roo Tweet is all alone.. At least he has Wobbles (who is now in the coop in a brooder) to keep him company. I am totally getting more Serama eggs when I can.

Pete, Omlet and Poachy...
You are much loved
images
awwwww poor babies! so sorry
hugs.gif

Day 17..
bun.gif
getting nervous, I was going to use a different incubator to hatch in, plugged it in yesterday to get it regulated. Glad I did, the dang thing broken and won't go below 120 degrees..
somad.gif
I have another batch due to hatch in another incubator next week. I guess after this first hatch that incubator will become my incubator/brooder. I think I am getting addicted to this hobby
lau.gif
oh no and LOL!!!!

Locked down four mutt eggs last night. Every bantam Cochin egg was clear. I need to have a talk with my roo...

The day after I set these, one of the bantam Cochins went broody. She has good timing, and since these four were really set more as heat sinks, I'll give her any chicks that hatch and I'll hopefully avoid having to drag out the brooder.
bun.gif
fl.gif
&
smack.gif
D.gif

I must apologize for not posting much, seems I got bit in the butt by SUMMER! yay!!! and it will get worse because tomorrow is the last half day of school too! yay and boo for me! ha!

I have a ton of projects going on too! But I still love you guys!
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom