Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: my dogs would love them for any meal LOL that's why they cant free range, you see our back acre is fenced "for the ESS" the chickens have "their" areas and if they venture into the ESS area, well I am not quite sure what would happen but I am not sure it would be good, so far I have seen them out to save them before any dogs had been left outside!

And no, I still have all my brahma, white faced Spanish quad, spitz, serama, mixed layers, 2 orloffs, and I now have a **** load of CCL from a bunch of breeders that will take over most of my layer pen when they grow up.

Soooooo my Breeds are as follows.....

Brahma (DH)
White Faced Spanish (DH)
S Spitz (ME)
CCL (ME)
serama (Harmony)
Coturnix for eggs and eating
ps... I AM keeping my older layer girls that are extremely friendly and that we adore and are spoiled rotten as I have no problem keeping them in the large pen with the CCL!

the wrench in the plan may indeed be the Russian orloffs, why? BECAUSE I FREAKING LOVE THEM LITTLE TURDS even more than the serama!!!
DH fell in love with the WFS so he considers them "his" at this point and they run from me so be it! lol

Hows that sound? LMAO!!!

about the turkey, seriously I think they would fly away here in the woods.

I feel your pain Doug! LOL...but we have silver summaries to keep us going!

Chicksooner: glad you got the copperhead before it got you!! ugh I hate snakes! Had a southern pacific almost get Alex on Memorial Day! then had to laugh as my coworker asked if I kept the head...he needed one for the next CE on Anti-venom! told him he could have whatever the 12G didn't.
lau.gif
Nice. I am getting a little 410. My biggest fear is a kid running around barefoot and getting nailed.
Oh crumbs. I think you earned that beer! We killed a boomslang the other day. Right next to the coop.
What is a boomslang? I know SA has some pretty mean snakes.
chicks those things scare the sheat out of me too
I hate all things snake. They are coming out of every where with all the rain we have had. thankfully the dog has a very distinct bark for when she finds a snake and she found it before one of my barefoot kiddos.

Pipping and zipping goin on here! I'm beginning to wonder if I count days wrong. Set day is day zero, right? And 24 hours later begins day one.

All of my hatches have been early, chicks and ducklings. I run at 99.5* forced air. Hmmm...

Pipping and zipping goin on here! I'm beginning to wonder if I count days wrong. Set day is day zero, right? And 24 hours later begins day one.

All of my hatches have been early, chicks and ducklings. I run at 99.5* forced air. Hmmm...
I get early hatches with forced air. I love it. Early hatches are the best hatches.

Quote: Yea Kiddie Pools. The geese love them. but the chickens havent learned to swim yet.
you have to be careful with young ducks too, a friend of mine lost every little one she had because she didn't realize they couldn't get out and would drown with those slippery sides, eventually any bird that doesn't have the proper feather oils can drown even adult chickens if they get tired.

I count the time I set to 24 hrs later at day one. So if I set at 8am then I count that day as day 1. Day 2 starts at 8am the next day. If I set at 11pm then I count to 11pm the next day as day 1. Day 2 would start at 11pm the next day.

Its been raining non stop here in kissimmee florida. My chickens are soaked and their eggs got rained on can i still hatch them in two weeks or should i wait for new eggs and eat these.
I need to built them a nice chicken coop. just hard being a woman with arthuritis and back problems.
sad.png
But as soon as the rain goes away ill figue something out

Its been raining non stop here in kissimmee florida. My chickens are soaked and their eggs got rained on can i still hatch them in two weeks or should i wait for new eggs and eat these.
I need to built them a nice chicken coop. just hard being a woman with arthuritis and back problems.
sad.png
But as soon as the rain goes away ill figue something out
Send the rain here
bow.gif
LOL Eat those eggs and wait for new ones. Are you only setting eggs in 2 weeks' time?

And
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom