Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very pretty and very dangerous snake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomslang

Amazing coloring. I really hate snakes but I have no problem admiring their coloring. copperheads have pretty colors and pattern but if they come in my yard they are pretty dead.
big_smile.png

Broodies should be close to hatch day. I think I will plug in the bator tomorrow. Candle tomorrow night and take all the ones that are not close to hatching. They can hatch the ones that are due and keep. I am going to hatch the rest and sell. I am over run in chicks.

Its been raining non stop here in kissimmee florida. My chickens are soaked and their eggs got rained on can i still hatch them in two weeks or should i wait for new eggs and eat these.
I need to built them a nice chicken coop. just hard being a woman with arthuritis and back problems.
sad.png
But as soon as the rain goes away ill figue something out

If they have been wet I would just wash them and put them in the fridge. You want your hatching eggs fresh and clean but not washed. For an easy coop idea you could use and old dog house or two. Just screw a 2x4 toward the back for a roost and put a dish pan full of hay in front for a nesting box. Check CL for free and cheap dog houses. Just an idea.

Send the rain here
bow.gif
LOL Eat those eggs and wait for new ones. Are you only setting eggs in 2 weeks' time?

And
hugs.gif
Its that my bad air cell shipped eggs are due in two weeks lol. I love to hatch so i get a good size to hatch while the incubator is working on

yes i need rain also. And i believe she means the hens have been on them for a week already and they will hatch in two. In that case i would maybe wait it out
not a chance these hens wont sit on the eggs for nothing. lol I wish. but no its just that the eggs are getting some of the rain and i guess it would get mest up. right? but would it still be good to eat?

I have been busy the past several days, and have not had time to read threads.
Broody #1 hatched her first baby Tuesday morning. A black body with a RIR head. Number 2 looks like a red sexlink, and #3 came out last evening. It is yellow. She should have one more chick. Unfortunately, a hen has learned that she can fly, and is flying over the rafters, and into the broody room. I have 3 extra eggs in the nest now. Poor chicks.
I opened all of the incubator eggs. All scrambled. TY post office!

Last edited:
I sit all my eggs no matter what. I made my wife buy a dozen eggs for something she was making.LOL. I am soooooo addicted.
too funny!!! But i hate when they die in the incubator before hatching so i dont want to put the chances down with rained on eggs. I cry everytime i open a non hatched egg on 25 or 26 day to see a well developed chick that didnot hatch for what ever reason

If they have been wet I would just wash them and put them in the fridge. You want your hatching eggs fresh and clean but not washed. For an easy coop idea you could use and old dog house or two. Just screw a 2x4 toward the back for a roost and put a dish pan full of hay in front for a nesting box. Check CL for free and cheap dog houses. Just an idea.
Anoth quick shelter is to buy a big tote tub from Wal-Mart, turn it upside down with lid still on, cut a hole for a doorway and put some hay in there for a nest up front and drill a hole and put up a roosting bar in the back. :) Temporary fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom