Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
All chickens are drinking. It's real hot today. The ones that seem weak I have been forcing to drink more. I've noticed some more funky poop. I've cleaned the inside brooders. Now gotta clean the outside one.

I need help with which incubator to put my new arrival eggs in. I have two incubators - one has Day 14 eggs in it and by the time I get the new eggs the second incubator will have Day 4 eggs in it. Which bator should I put the new eggs in? Day 4 or 14 bator? Thanks!

It seems to be going through the chicks. But they aren't dying. I notice a different one seems sick. I make it drink. Then later another one seems sick. I make it drink. And it continues.

Quote: The ones I didn't treat died quickly. These are either getting better slowly or at worst are holding their own. I lost 6 total, but one of them could of been something wrong with it from the hatch. I know a few are improving from deaths door, but others are showing signs. It seems the little chicks are doing better than the older ones. I am going to have to clean the outside pens. That's going to be a chore. I need to clean it and spread it out in the sun. The sun kills coccid

What dosages are you giving? My dosage is as follows:
6 ml/cc in 1 litre/1 quart water for 7 days THEN put 1.5ml/cc in 1 litre/quart of water for 2 weeks.  Hope it isn't back.:barnie
I just picked up a new bottle of Corid from my vet today as I just had a chick die of what I suspect was cocci, and the dosage is 6 cc/ gallon for 5-7 days as their only source of water. My last bottle was to treat adults, and the dose was 1 teas./gallon for the same amount of days. I don't know if 6 cc's equals 1 teaspoon or if the dosage is less for little ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom