Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ones I didn't treat died quickly. These are either getting better slowly or at worst are holding their own. I lost 6 total, but one of them could of been something wrong with it from the hatch. I know a few are improving from deaths door, but others are showing signs. It seems the little chicks are doing better than the older ones. I am going to have to clean the outside pens. That's going to be a chore. I need to clean it and spread it out in the sun. The sun kills coccid
yea but today i put my four week chicks to get some sun and two died. myb best ones too

I just picked up a new bottle of Corid from my vet today as I just had a chick die of what I suspect was cocci, and the dosage is 6 cc/ gallon for 5-7 days as their only source of water. My last bottle was to treat adults, and the dose was 1 teas./gallon for the same amount of days. I don't know if 6 cc's equals 1 teaspoon or if the dosage is less for little ones.
t teaspoon is 5cc

First hatch was not that good, but I have 3 babies I didn't have last week, the humidity dropped during the night too much
somad.gif
. I had 2 die in the incubator after hatching no injuries to be seen
hit.gif
. I am getting ready to put another 26 into lockdown. Just put another 41 eggs into incubator and 42 into another. Another 24 will lock down next week and then 58 egg will go in there.
yippiechickie.gif
My DH hopes that it will need soon.. since he is building the brooders and coops..
lau.gif

I am not having a good time with chicks this year. Lost a bunch of cockerels and pullets, and now Wobbles is looking weak. Maybe he's just adjusting to his new surroundings? He sits in the corner most of the time and kicks weakly when I pick him up, which isn't good because he normally goes crazy when I hold him. I am not allowed to bring him inside, as he just stinks up the whole house. He doesn't act like he can't stand up or anything, just not as strong as he was. Any advice?

I also have a pregnant guinea pig due tomorrow or tonight. Maybe Wednesday. So I have to pray for my baby, as she is very old and may need help. So wish me and my piggy good luck!

Okay, I'm going to share some good news . . . my three month olds have finally been allowed in the grown hens club!!! My almost 1 year olds have accepted them and they are all roosting together. :)

I am not having a good time with chicks this year. Lost a bunch of cockerels and pullets, and now Wobbles is looking weak. Maybe he's just adjusting to his new surroundings? He sits in the corner most of the time and kicks weakly when I pick him up, which isn't good because he normally goes crazy when I hold him. I am not allowed to bring him inside, as he just stinks up the whole house. He doesn't act like he can't stand up or anything, just not as strong as he was. Any advice?
Your mystery loss of birds and now a sick duckling make me think Coccidiosis or Cocci. I think it is pretty rare for ducks to get it but if they are exposed to sick chickens poo then they could get it. I know nothing about treating ducklings with cocci. You will need to visit the duck boards and start asking questions. Sorry you are having such a tough time with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom