Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am learning that it wasn't deformed it just hadn't absorbed its yolk sack...Damon felt it couldn't breath so he assisted ...I'd like to think he wouldn't of made it anyways but now I think he needed more time. I am not telling my husband that because he is already upset...so should I leave the last egg to do its thing? There is a crack, no pipping and no movement ...ugg and nobody is online
Leave it!!!!! I helped out to early ( i think) and it died. It might have died from different causes, but I advise NOT to touch it!!! If it is alive it will break out. If it doesn't break any more of the shell in 24 hours, help it out by breaking a tiny hole for it to breathe and see if it is still alive. Make sure there are no other pipping eggs in there when you eventually do help it though! (If it needs help!) Wait 24 hours or maybe even a bit more! As long as it can breathe it doesn't need help!!!!!

Leave it!!!!! I helped out to early ( i think) and it died. It might have died from different causes, but I advise NOT to touch it!!! If it is alive it will break out. If it doesn't break any more of the shell in 24 hours, help it out by breaking a tiny hole for it to breathe and see if it is still alive. Make sure there are no other pipping eggs in there when you eventually do help it though! (If it needs help!) Wait 24 hours or maybe even a bit more! As long as it can breathe it doesn't need help!!!!!
Ok well this last one was in the incubator when we opened it up once to put the first chick in the brooder and 2 times to assist the other...I was afraid of shrink wrap but doesnt that only happen is the humidity goes down? Humidity never went down

I guess so..my husband insisted it was the right thing to do and I knew it wasn't
Don't help now. You learn from your mistakes, and I am sorry for your chick. I killed all of the eggs in my incubator by helping Hope too much and letting all the cool air into the incubator and making the chicks sticky. It's sad, but now I know NOT TO touch the eggs, unless for some reason they can't breathe. Just be patient and cross your fingers!!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Ok well this last one was in the incubator when we opened it up once to put the first chick in the brooder and 2 times to assist the other...I was afraid of shrink wrap but doesnt that only happen is the humidity goes down? Humidity never went down
Okay, but I think your main issue now would be sticky chicks. I think that happens when the temperature goes too low at hatch time. I don't know all the specifics, but as long as you don't open the incubator and keep the settings right, it should be okay to leave for a while. It doesn't matter what you've already done. The important thing is what you do now. Don't touch the incubator lid, and post if you see anything new happen.
fl.gif

What is done is done. Do the best you can do now and pray for the best!
fl.gif
hugs.gif

Kelly.... I cannot stress enough..... HELPING FIRST STEPS......

First candle if internal pip..... this is what it looks like (or smaller beak)

IF you have an internal pip AND you hear chirping or EVEN IF YOU HEAR CHIRPING......start by making small hole near the pip area (or closest to where you hear him chirp) ONLY IN THE AIR CELL AREA!!! like this

just ENOUGH so you can see that the little beak is FREE of the inner membrane see how tiny a hole I am making??

AIR CELL quick refresher....

see how the chick SHOULD be positioned? SEE THE BOTTOM PIC? NOTE TYPICALLY his beak is towards the LOWER DIP IN THE AIR CELL!
embryo2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom