Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the part I hate ...I had to assist hatch, we candled the egg found the beak, circled the air sack, I chipped open the egg where the beak is only to find a dead chick...I then thought great the other one is dead too, so I pulled her out and candled and to my surprise she was chirping. The scary part is determining where the beak is so you can start chipping away. We circled the spot, wrapped her in hot paper towels as I proceeded on the heating pad. Scratching the spot till it was weak. Feeling so shaking...I then weakened the shell and chipped off the piece to find a moving little beak. With relief I yelled "yes, we nailed it" I moistened the membrain and wrapped her in a hot napkin. Damon cleaned the incubator..raised the humidity and now we wait. Her lungs are acclimating and she is absorbing her yolk...now pray she doesn't kick out until her yolk is gone.
The other one looked all dried out, what do you think could have happened? If she was shrink wrapped wouldn't this one be dead too?

Well the part I hate ...I had to assist hatch, we candled the egg found the beak, circled the air sack, I chipped open the egg where the beak is only to find a dead chick...I then thought great the other one is dead too, so I pulled her out and candled and to my surprise she was chirping. The scary part is determining where the beak is so you can start chipping away. We circled the spot, wrapped h er in hot paper towels as I proceeded on the heating pad. Scratching the spot till it was weak. Feeling so shaking...I then weakened the shell and chipped off the piece to find a moving little beak. With relief I yelled "yes, we nailed it" I moistened the membrain and wrapped her in a hot napkin. Damon cleaned the incubator..raised the humidity and now we wait. Her lungs are acclimating and she is absorbing her yolk...now pray she doesn't kick out until her yolk is gone. The other one looked all dried out, what do you think could have happened? If she was shrink wrapped wouldn't this one be dead too?
Awww I hope she makes it ok... She sounds like she's doing good though! Hmm I wonder what happened to the other one? Did it have an overly-porous shell maybe? It could've made a tiny crack in the shell that is too hard to see, and got dried up from that? Good luck with your other chick!!!

Well the part I hate ...I had to assist hatch, we candled the egg found the beak, circled the air sack, I chipped open the egg where the beak is only to find a dead chick...I then thought great the other one is dead too, so I pulled her out and candled and to my surprise she was chirping. The scary part is determining where the beak is so you can start chipping away. We circled the spot, wrapped her in hot paper towels as I proceeded on the heating pad. Scratching the spot till it was weak. Feeling so shaking...I then weakened the shell and chipped off the piece to find a moving little beak. With relief I yelled "yes, we nailed it" I moistened the membrain and wrapped her in a hot napkin. Damon cleaned the incubator..raised the humidity and now we wait. Her lungs are acclimating and she is absorbing her yolk...now pray she doesn't kick out until her yolk is gone.
The other one looked all dried out, what do you think could have happened? If she was shrink wrapped wouldn't this one be dead too?
Booo and Shwew!! If your worried about kicking out you can put her in a little cup to hold her upright.... was the others yolk absorbed?

Booo and Shwew!! If your worried about kicking out you can put her in a little cup to hold her upright.... was the others yolk absorbed?
I did not open the other ones shell all the way to find out. Would she still be chirping if she was going to kick out to soon? She hasn't gotten quiet yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom