Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on here since late yesterday, and I have a lot of post to catch up on. I set my duck, turkey, and guinea eggs in the incubator about 15 minutes ago, and 8 of my chicken eggs under a broody oeg hen about three hours ago. She went to the nest instantly and hasn't budged yet. I'm always impressed with the broody instinct in game hens and silkies. I had game and silkie crosses once, and I couldn't keep them off my eggs. I'm going to put my remaining chicken eggs in the incubator after seven more days, hopefully they'll be ok in seven more days. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep eggs alive while waiting to set them. They are 4-5 days old as of now and will be around the 11-12 day mark when they go in. I have a friend who hatched some three week old ones, but he kept his refridgerated until time to put them under a hen. Mine have been in shipping and then in my basement at 65-70 degrees for days now, and i'm not sure cooling them down now is a good idea. Any thoughts?

Help! One of the eggs in my incubator pipped on the wrong end... Just a tiny pip but a pip none the less. What do I do?? If I just leave it is there a change that it will turn around? I feel horrible :( Every single egg has hatched PERFECTLY so far. Something was bound to happen
hit.gif

Help! One of the eggs in my incubator pipped on the wrong end... Just a tiny pip but a pip none the less. What do I do?? If I just leave it is there a change that it will turn around? I feel horrible :( Every single egg has hatched PERFECTLY so far. Something was bound to happen
hit.gif

I've had it happen many times, have always worried, and they have always hatched just fine. I know there is a possibility that they can drown, or not have enough room to zip, but mine have always been fine.

Pics!!!
OMG this looked like me and the kids last night after they spilled a full pitcher of sweet tea all over my kitchen...the spanking one not the bomb one...not really but it was what I saw in my head. I told them to run for their lives and they did. :D

It's ok Sally my mom used tell us she sent us to our room so she wouldn't kill us! Lmao

Rant alert: I am so upset now. Long story short, I had this really special rooster in SA that I raised after his mom rejected him. We raised him by himself, in the house, so he went in the car with us everywhere, to the shops, to the library, to the beach even! Until he grew too big and he put him in the coop with his girls. He's such a sweetheart and absolutely the best roo I ever had. I love him to bits! We taught him to come running when we called him and he was just a joy to have around. Well behaved, never aggressive towards us, no problems.

Before we left I asked a friend of mine if he'll take my roo when we go and look after him until he dies of old age. I told him he's the only person I trust to take good care of my boy. He agreed and he said he'll do it anytime. I bought him a huge bag (about 100lb) of chicken food, gave him quite a large sum of money, what was left of my flock, (about 22 chickens, mostly pullets and hens), my coop, building materials to build another bigger coop for them all... You get the picture. So, I phoned him this evening and we talk about this and that and I ask him, like I always to, how's my boy doing? Well, he rehomed my boy.

He PROMISED he'll look after him and I TRUSTED him!!!
he.gif

Moving to another country is very hard. While it is exciting, the little differences, even between English speaking countries make life hard to get used to.

When you put your faith in somebody to look after your connection with home and they betray you - that is just rotten.

If I could hold of a strand of the perpetrators hair I could have somebody place all sorts of havoc upon him.

Hi Sally and Sumi and everyone else I've never met
frow.gif

Love your thread!

I love to hatch, and Sally invited me to drop in. I've got 42 goose eggs, 12 turkey, 14 chicken, and for some reason 0 ducks in 2 incubators right now.

Mind if I join you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom