Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sad! 4 polish and 2 silkies made it out of 17! :( did eggtopsies and see nothing wrong! all had some yolk left! :( no temp or humidity spikes or lows! :( poor chickies!!
I guess I should be happy! I have 4 Polish and 2 silkies I didn't have before!! :) I just feel like I didn't do something right for those poor babies that didn't make it!! :(

Last edited:
Oh, and my other baby gosling hatched. Looks like 1 boy and 1 girl.  Since I already have Goosey, I decided to continue using "goose" related names.  The girl is named Goose-lynn and the boy is named Gooser.

Both have the weird navels... I wonder if it had something to do with the incubation..

Love the names! :D You must have Pilgrims? Someday, when my youngest child is bigger, I will be on the hunt for a breeder/show quality pair... I know how long geese can live, so I figure I can and should wait and get just what I want. :)

Ok, just a random update, I candled 4 of Cappas eggs today- 2 of the chickens and 2 of the quail, and one of each was viable. The other two were infertile. So hopefully I'll get some chicks this week!

So all the crazyness with the chicknappers and I lost a new baby chick over night 2 lost chick this year that died in the first few days of life due to broodies not doing their job, I would so leave them with their mommies if the mommies would just cooperate! Feeling so sad for the baby so now my new rule is once the chick is dry under momma it is MINE will not loose anymore chicks this way :(

I am going to cut a pool noodle down and ream to size to use as a chick donut for support. I cant for the life of me find a normal old school tea cup with a tapered bottom and I am not paying 20 bucks on ebay to get one! There is a way to twist a rag and a papertowl into a donut but I never got it right!

check this out.... ALL THE IMAGES FOR USES OF POOL NOODLES ! holy molasses!

NOODLE IDEAS
I wonder if you could use those to ship eggs..... hmmmmm.....

I'm sad! 4 polish and 2 silkies made it out of 17!
sad.png
did eggtopsies and see nothing wrong! all had some yolk left!
sad.png
no temp or humidity spikes or lows!
sad.png
poor chickies!!
I guess I should be happy! I have 4 Polish and 2 silkies I didn't have before!!
smile.png
I just feel like I didn't do something right for those poor babies that didn't make it!!
sad.png
I had the same with ducklings, the ones that I saved, they all have umbelical court infections, and all of those were under the duck. So upset about it. Sorry for your loss.

I had the same with ducklings, the ones that I saved, they all have umbelical court infections, and all of those were under the duck. So upset about it. Sorry for your loss. 

thank you! and I'm very sorry about your ducks! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom