Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry too poor kiddo is in pain and momma forgot his teether : ( cold wet rag aint cutting it and I don't have ambosol

Sorry. I was bugging you by asking questions. This is only my second time incubating so I panicked.
hide.gif
I am just going to keep the humidity up and leave them alone. I hope that the baby's teeth feel better.

check her for mites. Usually feather picking like that is due to a parasite.
Its only a 9 day old chick. Never been outside. In a brooder box in my bathroom... nobody else is picking. I will check though. Only thing could be the bedding, but it is brand new and is also inside...?

Sally, try a chunk of frozen banana in one of those safety feeder things. The net bag thingies.
this is what momma forgot : ( I keep forgetting to buy a few nuks and one of those to keep here. I wish parents would just buy these extra things for me lol

Why, thank you!
lau.gif
I wanted a broody. I really did! But that was before Chick Days at the feed stores. Now I need layers! Of 36 current chickens, 10 are laying. I sell about 8 dozen eggs/ week. See the problem?
I have 2 EE that are healthy as can be. They are under a year, and stopped laying. They slowed down in April, and then just quit by the end. I did add a run to their coop in mid April. Otherwise, nothing has changed. Any ideas?
I've had the same issue. A couple months ago I had WAY more eggs than I needed. I sold 3 of my little D'uccles, and my 2 Silkies to make room for some of the chicks I have. So now I have 7 layers, which should be plenty of eggs for us, but I have 2 broody (and they won't stop), and 2 molting. Now I have only 3 laying regularly (one is a Cochin, so semi-regularly) and lots of people wanting eggs from me.
barnie.gif
Are yours molting. I had a Silkie that was, but I couldn't even tell until I gave her a bath, when she was all wet I could see all her new feathers coming in.

sorry I have a miserable kiddo who is getting a tooth crying on and off drooling in my hair and on my cheek all morning. its not a wonderful day in the neighborhood for me lmao!!! 

I also have grumpy kiddos here! Been like this since the weekend and don't know why! It def puts a damper on things! Ugh wish my little one would cheer up and my 4 yr old would listen!!! Ready to pull my hair out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom