Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I lost two chicks that were about a month old. No idea why. I have two others that are weak. One looks like it was attacked. I'm thinking I may need to get the bigger chicks out. I think I have some cannibals. I put some stuff in the water of all the chickens. Inside and out. Even the hens water. Tomorrow I'm going to go after antibiotics and dose all the water again. I fed the two weeks chicks by dropper with enfamil and one immediately perked up. We will see if they make it through the night.

I have 4 new chicks. 6 pipped eggs and 4 others that haven't done anything yet. It's day 20 still.

Tonight I set 7 peacock eggs, 9 silver laced Wyandottes, 13 blue laced red Wyandottes and 3 blue something bantams. (Gotta ask the lady what they are)

I've lost a couple pullets recently and I think I have some hawks. Going to put on the camo and sit out with my 10 gauge shotgun with goose loads. I dare one to fly within 80 yds. I also sat out live traps with tuna fish to see if its a opossum or skunk. (Remember the duck was headless)

Dang. I need silver to just give my updates. Lol

I've got a guy coming tomorrow to buy some chicks. He don't know it yet but he's buying twice as many as he told me he was. Lol.

They will lock you up forever and take very thing if they catch you shooting a hawk. Be VERY careful in your thoughts about that. Just saying!!

Gosh... After reading all of yesterday's posts, I'm thinking that I need some corrid just to keep on hand. I've never had to deal with cocci before and I've been using non-medicated chick starter.

Even when I raised a batch of chicks with 15 very messy and wet ducklings, I never had any problems. I don't keep my brooders very clean. I throw some hay down and I simply add bedding when they need more. Once they are ready to go outside (about 6 - 8 week) I clean out the brooder and get ready for more chicks. Have I just been lucky for the past 5 years?

Gosh... After reading all of yesterday's posts, I'm thinking that I need some corrid just to keep on hand. I've never had to deal with cocci before and I've been using non-medicated chick starter.

Even when I raised a batch of chicks with 15 very messy and wet ducklings, I never had any problems. I don't keep my brooders very clean. I throw some hay down and I simply add bedding when they need more. Once they are ready to go outside (about 6 - 8 week) I clean out the brooder and get ready for more chicks. Have I just been lucky for the past 5 years?
I would say so. I dont even have wet conditions. All my bedding is dry. All of these chicks are in the barn in their own stall. I wish I hadnt of brought a sick one in the house. One of my newly hatched is going to die too. Im not sure if it was the disease though. It was never right and has been week since it was born. I force fed it a few minutes ago. Heading to the feed store now.

Quote: What dosages are you giving? My dosage is as follows:
6 ml/cc in 1 litre/1 quart water for 7 days THEN put 1.5ml/cc in 1 litre/quart of water for 2 weeks. Hope it isn't back.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
I know it's not legal to shoot them. But that's the least of my worries this morning. I have two more dead chicks and another sick one. I've quarantined it. They get lethargic and then die. Guess its time for research and meds.

[COLOR=800080]SSS.......and sorry you're going through the Cocci crap. I just went through it, and it sucks.Just realized today it's back, UGH!!![/COLOR]

What dosages are you giving? My dosage is as follows:
6 ml/cc in 1 litre/1 quart water for 7 days THEN put 1.5ml/cc in 1 litre/quart of water for 2 weeks.  Hope it isn't back.:barnie

9.5 ml per gallon for 5 days.

Holy crap. 90 bucks for a gallon of corid concentrate. I just dosed all the chicks with 9.5 ml per gallon. I made the little chicks drink. The sick one that's With the older ones made it. I can't tell which one it is.

Sick chick in house was better after her morning feeding of Sav a chick. I syringed her a drink of the corid solution. Hope she makes it.
I thought she was gone this morning. I have a little hope now.
(She looks like a she) lol

That's good news, things are looking up. Fingers crossed for the little one!

Holy crap. 90 bucks for a gallon of corid concentrate. I just dosed all the chicks with 9.5 ml per gallon. I made the little chicks drink. The sick one that's With the older ones made it. I can't tell which one it is.

Sick chick in house was better after her morning feeding of Sav a chick. I syringed her a drink of the corid solution. Hope she makes it.
I thought she was gone this morning. I have a little hope now.
(She looks like a she) lol
Doug I couldn't find any cheaper either, but as I was grumbling about only having 12 chickens and not needing a whole gallon a very nice young guy told me they had smaller bottles in the back...it was $17 for 16oz. I don't know why it was kept in the back... but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom