Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
lau.gif
I get emails about every day. LOL.

Doug-sorry I was slow getting back to you. Treat everyone that has been with the sick ones. Also clean bedding everyday while treating. (I will admit to laziness at this part and I would put a good thick layer over the old bedding one day and then a good clean out the next day.)

I know it's not legal to shoot them. But that's the least of my worries this morning. I have two more dead chicks and another sick one. I've quarantined it. They get lethargic and then die. Guess its time for research and meds.

SSS.......and sorry you're going through the Cocci crap. I just went through it, and it sucks.Just realized today it's back, UGH!!!

Weird quote did not work...anyway..I think I am going to start everyone on corid tomorrow. I have been seeing some pretty runny poops. They are all getting medicated feed right now too. Just calling it before I see it. It only takes experiencing it once to know the next time it happens. Moist environment and warm temps almost always means cocci.

So sorry your having such a hard time Doug. Fingers and toes crossed you get it all under control soon.

On a lighter note I started my first ever lock down tonight. Pretty excited but VERY nervous. Going to go read sally's hatching 101 thread again!!!
Also I am getting some fizzle eggs in a week also some buff Orpington eggs. What sort of temperament do fizzles have?

Doug, Corid 20% soluble powder dosage is 1/2 teaspoon per gallon water for 5-7 days. Don't mix anything else into the Corid/water solution. Good luck and fingers crossed you won't have any more losses!

So sorry your having such a hard time Doug. Fingers and toes crossed you get it all under control soon.

On a lighter note I started my first ever lock down tonight. Pretty excited but VERY nervous. Going to go read sally's hatching 101 thread again!!!
Also I am getting some fizzle eggs in a week also some buff Orpington eggs. What sort of temperament do fizzles have?

What type of frizzles? You can find the frizzle gene in many breeds such as cochins, polish, and etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom