Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: No only normal brown. Very little that's runny. I think its just normal runny poo from chicks.
Quote:
Affects growing or semi mature birds, droopiness, huddling with ruffled feathers, loss in interest in water and feed, retarded growth or weight loss, watery, moucousy, or pasty, tan or blood tinged diarrrhea, sometimes emaciation and dehydration
After reading this for the 14 time. im pretty sure I have almost all of that.

To me it looks like dry milk and medicated feed mixed together at a 50/50 mix is the ticket. Is that how you see it?
I see this:

1 qt of dry feed crumbles
1-1/2 qt of any kind of milk
sour milk works good as it is more acidy than sweet
1/2 cup of yoguart
mix good and feed
chicks 2 tsp per time
adults 3 tbsp per time

Add some plain yoghurt as well.

I hate changing the subject but these little ones are cute.

null-117.jpg
We have 2 kittens here that look exactly like that. They are adorable!

Quote: Kelly, sorry! I was busy with Doug, I'm not ignoring you. She doesn't need food for the first 2-3 days, but you can give her water. If she doesn't want to eat take an egg yolk and mix it with a spoonful of water and let her drink that. Hopefully she will be o.k.
fl.gif

I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts for those dealing with sick or hurt chicks.

Sending Silver positive thoughts too. Miss you, Silver (and not just your summaries).

Nothing at orchelin. Going to mix some feed and milk.
Oh crumbs. I hope the milk flush works or can at least tide them over until you can get some Corid. Give them some plain yoghurt too. I hear it helps. Good luck and
fl.gif
!

And stupid me brought in a sick one and put if With the younger chicks.
Could it be coccidiosis? That was happening to my chicks and I'm now in the process of treating with corid. A few days after treating them, the one that was on deaths' door is now vibrant and happy. So
hu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom