Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, we had read that before. This is why Holderread had introduced more gene pools to them. I can tell you, they suck to incubate LOL but as far as ducklings, they are strong little boogers, the statement about week ducklings is completely false, and I have spoken with several people that agree the things are spitfires!
congrats on the new duckies. They are adorable. Love your feed and water set up. The tarp idea is great.

just come in the house to this little one making a whole heap load of noise!! i do believe its 100% better!!!
Glad your little one made it. I have been known to stick a cold chick down the shirt between the girls. Your bag idea seems a lot better. ;)

congrats on the new duckies. They are adorable. Love your feed and water set up. The tarp idea is great.

Glad your little one made it. I have been known to stick a cold chick down the shirt between the girls. Your bag idea seems a lot better. ;)
Actually the bag works to begin with and then i stuck the chick in a kids ankle sock and THEN stuffed it between the "girls" while I ran to the bank!! ha ha ha the crazy chicken lady of town struck again!

We have 5 strong little stinkers!! I set my alarm to go check on the three unpipped at 1 am, well I thought I did, I went down 1:30 am and had five out and one had body smashed against its pip hole, I prayed it wasnt suffocated, it was.... It tried to get out and couldnt, everything absorbed perfectly, he was still warm and pliable, oh well only the strong survived. I will past him and his shell at the end of this post, I didnt keep track of which number he was in my rush to save him.

0.jpg

These are the shells some of them came out of.....
Chor mem almost went to the bottom of them

Pool little guy..... perfectly absorbed and silver looking
hit.gif
his shell.....

VIABLE EXTERNAL pipped EGGS REMAINING (NOTE TREND in chorio-allantoic membranes? and not weight ALSO NOTE AIR CELL SIZE at start VS WEIGHT LOSS)
#2 SMALL MOVEMENT/SIZE M / 16.10% med albumen sack
#3 MED MOVEMENT/SIZE M / 20.10% small albumen sack (almost closed ChorMembrane)

#7 NO MOVEMENT/SIZE XS 15.44% med albumen sack
#8 NO MOVEMENT/SIZE XS 15.48% best albumen sack (almost closed ChorMembrane)
#9 NO MOVEMENT/SIZE S 19.81% med albumen sack
#10 NO MOVEMENT/SIZE M 19.38% med albumen sack and weird shaped

sorry about the one you lost but wow super cute guys!!

Hi everyone
frow.gif
Sorry so scarce, had a hectic few weeks. Hope everyone's well?

Sally, ducklings again? Sweet! Sorry about the lost one
hugs.gif
frow.gif

How many days before hatch date do I lock down ducklings? 3 the same as chicks?
I only up humidity when I see first internals, so not really a set day for me, but I am home all the time and can check all the time.

just come in the house to this little one making a whole heap load of noise!! i do believe its 100% better!!!
YAY babes!!!

Little help here please!My brain is exploding with questions on this weighing eggs stuff.I looked at an article on weighing eggs but it didnt answer many of my questions

... After less than satisfactory hatches for the last 2 years i am biting the bullet and weighing my eggs. as much as i hate math ...ugh.
But the eggs are so dark i cant see how big the air cell is on most or even see it at all ...guessing isnt cutting it and last 2 hatches i ran the humidity so low 10 % they all were dead and i felt terrible .

So weighed the cartons themself.
Weight the eggs IN the carton
and they should loose 13% in 21 days ...Right?....thats simple
BUT how often do I weigh them in the carton?

One article said ever 3 or 4 days.Seems like pretty often to get them out

I gather I should have 3.25% weight loss each week . Do i need to weigh more often than once a week? in grams?
I did it in ounces this first time then converted to killograms as thats what my scale reads .(.a puppy scale) .635029327 then carton .20..i have noides if this is right went by the computer calculator ..all greek to me
Couldnt I figure how much they should weigh say every 4 days and then just weigh them and see if the % correspond? Like day 4 should be 1 lb 02 oz day 8 should be ..???.etc etc..
Is there a chart saying what each so many days should be % wise or doesnt it matter how much they loose at a time as long as it comes out to 13% day 21? Or should they loose 3.25% a week exactly
Is there an article explaining all this? I didnt see it. Thanks .
idunno.gif

. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom