Diary of a FAT cow!

oesdog

Crowing
13 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Ireland
The FAT COW Diary!

DAY ONE
Ok some folk will think I am being a bit hard on myself but it is all for a good cause. I have tried soooo hard to lose weight and even on BYC there has been threads going every year but even so I fail!
The thing is I got down to 10 stone 1 pound and was so proud of myself then Christmas happened and as some are aware my mother died and then a month ago my lovely dog also died. - So now here I am a month off escaping the kids and going back to spain and darn! None of my lovely summer frocks fit me! I can only see my bulging stomach when I look down and my feet have disapeared again. I am so frustrated with myself.
barnie.gif

I have 4 weeks before I leave. 4 weeks to get myself into shape - so I am going to do it this way! Say it how it is GIRL YOU ARE FAT!!!!!!!!!! Ok acceptance is halfway to healing! I am now OMG 11 stone 1 pound - I have put on a stone in weight instead of shedding the stone I promised myself I would.
Consequently I am now a very very bad girl indeed. Hense - the title Diary of a FAT COW! moo (get out of the dairy products!
old.gif
)

So far this month - 1st I didn't care 2nd and 3rd realsied I had to do something but 4th was my Birthday with cake and so it was a lost cause! 5th was Sunday big family dinner ouch! (That is the day escape to Spain was arranged!) Yesterday was Monday the 6th.
It was the day of reckoning and I finally got on the scale and took stock of the damage and now know what MUST be done!

So my diary begins today. I am writting what I ate and the excersize I did. Hopefully because you all are watching I will have to keep it up!

7th August
Weight 11.1

Breakfast 2 spoonfulls Yogurt, two cut up fresh strawberries and a spoonfull of granola./ (1)Coffee white no sugar.

Morning snack
Banana -glass of water.

Lunch
An apple / (2) coffee white no sugar.

Afternoon snack
(3)Coffee white no sugar - low cal (46) fruit waffer.

Dinner
Two big spoonfulls of boiled cabbage and two slices of grilled bacon.
A peach/ Fruit flavoured low cal water.
Glass of fresh water.

Evening - (4) Coffee white no sugar

I am putting (No.) of coffee because I was drinking up to 20 cups a day and am restricting to 5 only. I hope to get this down more though over time.

Excersize - 10 mins trampett / 10 mins x trainer.

Am going to probably have another coffee before bed (5th) - nothing more to eat tonight as I am not eating after 7 pm.

I will weigh every evening because we all weigh hevier in the evening and I am then going to put it at the top of the post for the following morning. So the weight I have shown today is the weight before bed last night. 6th August. I am hoping to get my evening weight down to 10 stone 1 lb before 8th September.

How do I feel. - I am NOT hungry and I feel ok but have a bit of a headache. That week last week - so I always manage a thumping headache. I am putting it down to that and not the drastic cal cutting.

Oes

Last edited:
Headache is probably from the cutting back the caffine. Also you might want to add some protien, don't want to loose muscle, watcth the sugar in the yogurt/granola/fruit.
Good luck!

Yeah the coffee has got a bit out of hand.
Tonight I felt incredibly hungry. But I went and looked at myself long and hard in a full length mirror and told myself very firmly - Do you want to be a FAT COW or a THIN CHICK?????

Every girl wants to be a thin chick so - I was good!!!!!!! Had another coffee though so that was my 5th today. The headache is gone. I am pretty sure its the old monthly as I usually get bad migraine.

So I am being good - I watched a documentry on fasting which was interesting though I have no intention of going that far! I am eating low cal Yogurt and the fruit sugar and fat content in the fruit water in only a trace! So I think it will be fine. I also got totally skimmed milk for the coffee! SO I am doing best I can.

We will see what day two brings? At least I know now that some folk are actually reading this thread and I have to be a good girl - will report in tomorrow. Thanks fo the advice and support.

It will be hard work but I did it to myself and now I have to un do it. My bag is packed which means I have to fit the dresses or I will be - naked on holiday!!!!!!!
ep.gif

Oes

Please make sure you get enough to eat! Try eating more veggies, lean protein, salad/greens. Your body doesn't need to go on a fast, just replace what you've been eating with healthier options. It's hard to do when you're busy and stressed (I say after my go-to stress spaghetti meal after a long day), but it really is better in the long run of getting the pounds off and keeping them off. My MIL cut out sugary pastries, white bread, and cut back on her starchy veggies, and has taken 15 pounds off without 'dieting'. That's over six months, but she's also in her 60's and sedentary.

Good luck! You can do this!

DAY TWO
It was in fact only about midnight! USA can be anything from 5-7hrs behind us depending on where you are.

I am cutting out EVERYTHING with Fat as much as possible. I am not eating any bread and cutting back on potato. It will be hard but I only have 4 weeks I don;t have 6 months! Gosh I really will end up naked on holiday. I have deliberately packed my frocks so there is no going back I simply have to fit them as they are NOT comming out of the bag. I simply have NO choice. I have to do this - maybe this is the only way that I can. I am leaving here 8th Sept.

Today I got up feeling ok but got very tired quickly. Perhaps this is stress or because we haven't slept much due to night time care for Dan. Perhaps it is due to the low cal intake.

Last night I weighed myself and I was 11 stone. I got on the scale this moring and it read 10. stone 11 lbs.
So 1lb down which is good going! However I think much of the first few pounds will doubtless be fluid.
My headache is back with avengance!

8th August
Weight 11. stone

Breakfast
2 spoonfulls Yogurt, two cut up fresh strawberries and a spoonfull of granola./ (1)Coffee white no sugar.

Excersize - 10 mins trampett / 10 mins x trainer.
glass of water

Morning snack
(2) coffee white no sugar.- low cal (46) fruit waffer.
Ate my apple early as I felt hungry and tired.

Lunch
Banana and glass of water.

Afternoon snack
(3)Cup of coffee white no sugar.

Dinner
Salad Mix ( lettice, cucumber, tomato - which I grew myself!)
Slice of ham. Low cal cole slaw and orange carrott jelly! My treat!
Fruit flavoured low cal water.

Evening - (4) Coffee white no sugar.

Last edited:
I'm curious - compared to pounds, what exactly is a stone? I have never heard of weighing in stones before!!
smile.png

And good luck with your weight loss! I'm right there with you - I was to the point that my favorite pair of shorts weren't fitting...I couldn't even keep the zipper up! I've gained 15lbs since Dec. when I hurt my shoulder. I was starting to look about 6 months pregnant (and had people questioning me because I gained it all in my mid section!! How embarrassing)
roll.png
That was about the point that I said I NEED to lose the weight again. I went from a muscular 180lbs in Dec, to a fatty 195lbs.

I completely understand needing to be really hard on yourself about your weight. Otherwise, you will keep putting it off.

Some advice I can give that helped me tons - if you can, try to do a work-out that keeps your heart rate up for about a half hour. For me, I go jogging at least 5 times a week. I walk a mile and run a mile typically, but usually just pick up a jog if my heart rate slows down. I started my normal jogging routine about 2 weeks ago, and am already down about 5lbs.

oesdog - I'm a bit worried about you. I don't feel you're eating enough or the proper foods. I speak from experience when I say that starving yourself will only shut down your metabolism and make it even harder for you to lose weight.

Might I suggest a very effective diet that may allow you to lose at least a stone in the next four weeks? Have you ever heard of the Dukan Diet? I know - a lot of people believe it to be a fad diet, but let me just share some lovely photos of myself...

OK - this was me - exactly 1 year ago... and no... I wasn't pregnant at the time!

I went on the Dukan Diet last October and I lost over 15 lbs (just over a stone) in the first month. I stayed on the diet for about 6 months and this is how I look now:

By the way... I'm 43 years old and I have 3 kids :)

I'm not getting any endorsement from the Dukan people - LOL. The diet just worked really, really well for me and I know the feeling of failure and desperation after years and years of trying (unsuccessfully) to lose weight. I lost 55 pounds... about 3.9 stone???

All the info on how to do the diet is available on line for FREE and though in the first week or two you may crave sweets, you will never be hungry! You can eat all you want, whenever you want - just of the allowed foods. Here are some helpful links:

My Dukan Diet - Diet tips and recipes
DukanItOut - recipes and tips

There is also a book (The Dukan Diet) if you would like to get one. It's available in most book shops and online, of course :)
Best wishes, and PLEASE don't starve yourself!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom