Diary of a FAT cow!

DAY Eight
14th August

My weight is??????

10 stone . 8lbs ( 1 stone = 14lbs) Pm
This morning 10.7 Am
I am delighted to see a 7lb on there and know I am on target to get down to 10.1 before my holiday and back to the weight I was this time last year!

Breakfast
(1)Coffee white no Sugar. Two spoonfulls of low fat yogurt and fresh fruit.

Excersize
20min walk.

Morning snack
(2) Coffee white no sugar./ Fruit waffer

Lunch
(3) Coffee white no sugar/ Banana

Afternoon snack
(4) Coffee white no sugar
Peach

Dinner
Sea food salad. For those worried IT DOES CONTAIN GREEN LEAVES!
Fruit flavoured water.
Fresh fruit and cream. (Low fat)

Evening

How do I feel?
Very tired today but I am starting to see my body getting a proper "woman" shape not looking like a potato sack! I am excited about this and how this will affect my clothes shopping!
celebrate.gif

Somehow managed to hurt my back today so I am not doing too much excersize at the momment.

Last edited:
I know others have mentioned this, but you are starving yourself and will cause your metabolism to start slowing down to match the calorie intake you are consuming, which means more than just gaining back what you lost after the diet, but gaining back more than that.

You really need to eat more during the day, even if you split it up into five or six small meals. You need more dark leafy green stuff, more fiber, more protein. I know it may sound harsh, but a diet like this will put you in the hospital. Take it from a health care worker with an aunt who was doing a similar thing and actually DID end up in the hospital.

There are lots of healthy fats that you can consume like olive oil, avocado, real, whole butter (yes, in moderation!), and a host of other things. Your body NEEDS calories, carbs, and fats. The trick is to eat the right kinds. Sweet potatoes are awesome. Also, honey is a great alternative to sweeteners and sugar. Beans can be miracle workers as well!

I hope I don't sound too harsh and I know you want to loose the weight quickly, but I am worried about you. Loosing weight this way is not healthy. I think you mentioned you are drinking water, but with the amount of coffee you are consuming during the day (Good that you are cutting back though!) you need to drink extra than the recommended amount. Coffee is a diuretic, which can cause dehydration and can also be some of the weight loss you are seeing.

I'm glad you are trying to lose weight and I do hope you reach your goal, but I also hope you take some of the advice here on this thread regarding diets! I would hate to see anything bad happen to you. I really enjoy seeing your posts!

I know some folk are concerned but we checked it out with the heart consultant at the Hospital and it is fine for what we need to be at right now. It is not something perminant. It is only this restrictive for 4 weeks. We are in the care of health profs through DHs heart unit! Also No we are not starving - we eat plenty just better. I am well aware of the coffee problems I was on over 20 cups a day so for me this is great progress. The last two days have been a bit harder because I have been up and down to the hospital what with DHs heart op so that is the reason why I have missed some meals but I have more than made up for it! I have been on other diets which have always ended up with me putting the weight right back on! So I have nothing to lose here except fat of course! There isn;t going to be a starve myself thing going on. We eat regularly and we eat the correct kinds of foods. We eat a high amount of fresh fruit and veg and that is the main aim of the Heart clinic. We also enjoy protien through eggs and Fish ( That is tomorrows T - with salmon!) Meats and cheese. So please don;t feel I am not grateful for advice but this is controled and I need folk on board supporting me. What we are doing is losely based on this below if anyone wants to look at it. - but we are not fasting everyday just lowering the cal intake and eating better. As for water I have only written down the fruit water that I drink but I also drink as many glasses of pure water during the day as I want. I have not recorded those as they contain no cals - just the drinks that do.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19112549

How do I feel tonight?
I guess some folk have been kind enough to worry about what exactly I am trying to achieve and how I am going about it. I don't want this thread to end up that I am having to be justifying my every mouthful! That isn't what it is at. I have felt quite despondant at some of the more negative comments ( though said with the best of intentions).I hope folk wont be offended. I am going to ask folk please if you are not supporting what I am doing then don't post. I am in need of possitive feedback right now. The fact is I am losing the weight and I am not starving, I eat regularly and I eat healthier foods. I am not cramming my face with cake and chocolate and I have decressed my coffee intake to under 5 cups from over 20. I am now into the second week of my 4 week diet. I am glad I have gotten so much weight off. I feel better and healthier and certainly more active. I am making better choices! I hppe that I continue to do that.

Oes

Last edited:
First off I hope your husband is doing well! Secondly I hope you are too! Are you taking a vitamin? Have you ever tried YEAST FLAKES? You could add that to foods for some extra vitamin.

Wasa crackers have become my *friend* when it comes to meals.I do however miss the bread,but the wasa is better than nothing.Depending on the type you get it is 70 to 90 calories for 2,and you can top it off with just about anything....hummus,salmon,tuna,egg,deli or mock-deli,bean pates.That with some sliced veggies is a good meal.Greens are great. I am going to try and grow my own fall batch.Have you tried? Sprouting is a good alternative.I like the alfalfa and radish sprouts.Brocoli is good too but kind of stinky.With some lemon juice or balsamic(sp) vinegar you have a good salad.Shredded zucchini fried up with a bit of lemon pepper...yum.

Taking the kids out to eat.How do you handle eating out? Do you get dizzy or grumpy with your limited food? I sometimes have to eat a rice cake to quell the dizzies.Water is such a bore so I add lemon or lime juice sometimes.Black or green tea with lemon/lime is good even without any fake sugar. I have a stevia plant.Ever try stevia? It is a bitter but I suppose good for you.I eat a leaf here and there.

I just pickd up 6 jars of coffee,so I guess I am not the best to be talking about coffee.I just do 2-3 cups.I think if I brewed coffee I would drink more just because I would not want that pot to go to waste! You have cut it down gret.

Thanks for the fasting link.

Keep healthy Oes and good going on that weigh loss! Wishing you less on the scale each day.

DAY NINE
My weight is?

10.8pm
10.7am

Breakfast
(1)Coffee white no Sugar. Two spoonfulls of low fat yogurt and strawberries.

Excersize
I 1/2 hour walk.

Morning snack
fruit water

Lunch
(2) Coffee white no sugar/ Ginger biscuit

Afternoon snack
(3) Coffee white no sugar
Peach

Dinner
Scrambled egg with salmon and mixed sea food, side salad
Fruit flavoured water.

Evening
(4)coffee white no sugar.

Excersize
20mins trampett.

How do I feel?
I was a bit down last night but feel better today. I can see weight is comming off but still I know I am fat compared to other women I was watching while out today. Little things annoy me a bit. For example I was in a store and saw a beautiful blouse but they didn;t have my size. Of course the ones there were all made for stick insects. So while out in town today I went to a different branch thinking just maybe they might have my size there. But alass they did not. However while I was there what did I see? A lovely looking dark skinned skinny beauty wearing the exact same blouse I was looking for!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
th.gif
No I didn't grab her and beat her up for the blouse.
he.gif

It did make me feel sad though that I couldn't fit the one I saw and had to leave it. That is another reason why I want to get the weight off. I want to be the one who gets the offer on nice clothes in the sale section! So I am doing my best to stick to this cruel but firm low cal low fat diet for the next few weeks and hope that my frame will decrease enough to fit the things I like!!!! (All those nice things that look lovely on others or on the peg but never on me! )

Last edited:
First off I hope your husband is doing well! Secondly I hope you are too! Are you taking a vitamin? Have you ever tried YEAST FLAKES? You could add that to foods for some extra vitamin.

Wasa crackers have become my *friend* when it comes to meals.I do however miss the bread,but the wasa is better than nothing.Depending on the type you get it is 70 to 90 calories for 2,and you can top it off with just about anything....hummus,salmon,tuna,egg,deli or mock-deli,bean pates.That with some sliced veggies is a good meal.Greens are great. I am going to try and grow my own fall batch.Have you tried? Sprouting is a good alternative.I like the alfalfa and radish sprouts.Brocoli is good too but kind of stinky.With some lemon juice or balsamic(sp) vinegar you have a good salad.Shredded zucchini fried up with a bit of lemon pepper...yum.

Taking the kids out to eat.How do you handle eating out? Do you get dizzy or grumpy with your limited food? I sometimes have to eat a rice cake to quell the dizzies.Water is such a bore so I add lemon or lime juice sometimes.Black or green tea with lemon/lime is good even without any fake sugar. I have a stevia plant.Ever try stevia? It is a bitter but I suppose good for you.I eat a leaf here and there.

I just pickd up 6 jars of coffee,so I guess I am not the best to be talking about coffee.I just do 2-3 cups.I think if I brewed coffee I would drink more just because I would not want that pot to go to waste! You have cut it down gret.

Thanks for the fasting link.

Keep healthy Oes and good going on that weigh loss! Wishing you less on the scale each day.

Thanks for the mail
I am going to try different crackers as we have a wide selection in the stores here. I think we have a few water based ones which are good bread substitutes. I don't take any extra vitamins. I would if I felt dizzy or anything like that. I have not had any adverse side affects at all. Certainly if I felt dizzy I would up the food intake. If you are feeling dizzy clearly you are not getting enough to last you. What are you eating for a day????? I am not grumpy at all though I guess the begining of last week I was as I was getting terrible migraine. I usually get them round the old monthly so I have not put that down to the diet as it is normal for me to be cranky and headachy after that anyhow whatever I eat! If anything I have felt like I am "ready for something to eat" when the mealtime comes. I have not fasted every other day or 5/2 like the diet suggests to do. I have just cut everything back to bare bones but I honestly don't feel the need for more food now. I am tiny anyway and so I was eating a massive amount that I didn't need. Now I feel I am eating just under what I would use up cal wise, so that is good. I am eating lots of veg and fruit all the time that have a lot of vitamins in. I am not really one to keep on pills and would rather get it naturally from the food I eat. I have to do that for Iron anyhow as my body does not obsorbe it in pill form! ( Found that out while pregnant and ended up having to get harpooned in the bum with iron injections!
barnie.gif
it was extremely sore and my bum was black with bruses) I like fresh water and drink a good lot of it during the day but don;t put that down because it does not contain cals. Maybe I should but I always have a glass in my hand so Iose count!

I am enjoying the feeling of being ready to eat rather than feeling bloated and full up all the time! It wasn't a nice feeling looking back, just eating for the sake of it because it was "that time of day". Now I am eating because I genuinely need and want to. That is good!!!!!!!
Please remember this is just a tempory 4 week thing for me and after that it will be a healthy ballanced diet working hard to maintain my weight and stay at the recomended weight for my height. I still have a very long way to go to reach that target yet. (My inner teeth need to munch on my inside fat a lot more yet!!!!!
droolin.gif
lovely thought!)

Oes
hugs.gif
remember you should not feel dizzy - drink more and eat more if you do!

Last edited:
DAY TEN
16th August

My weight is?

10.9 pm??????? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif

10.7am Better but the same!!!!!!!!
th.gif

Breakfast
(1) Black coffee - I am so going to get a 10.6 !!!!!!!

Excersize
cleaned out chicken coop! -I think that is excersize enough !!!!!!!
Honestly the coop run was soooo yuck!

Morning snack
(2)Coffee white no sugar. ( Black is not nice! )
fruit waffer

Lunch
(3)Coffee white no Sugar.
Mix summer fruit salad.

Afternoon snack
(4) Coffee white no sugar.

Dinner
Slice of Beef with salad.
Fresh fruit and cream (low cal)
fruit flavoured water

Evening
fruit flavoured water

Excersize
10mins x tranor/10mins trampett

How do I feel?
I was a bit upset when I got on the scale last night and found I was darn well up 2lbs from the morning weigh in? I walked for miles and did excersize so I have to tell myself it is muscle NOT fat as we all know Muscle weighs more. Still it is NOT what I am wanting to see so I am taking the milk out of the coffee today to make up for any misdemeners.(ok one coffee!) I think I ate too much for Dinner last night. Too much egg and fish bad girl!!!!!!!!! I find I comfort eat and so when things affect me I dig in. I am not going to do that anymore as I have learned even a lb makes a great difference. I am not going to read negatives either. I have to stick to this even if it hurts, keep myhead down and get on with it. If I start to doubt I will start to eat and then I just know I will pig out.
I am pleased with myself today because DH and I are baking for our grandaughters birthday. She will be age 2 yrs at the weekend. I DID NOT eat anything - OMG I couldn;t even lick the spatular!
hu.gif
How cruel is that - but I didn't ha feel vindicated for the egg overdose!
DH is really pleased with himself right now because he was 16.10 when we started this time and now he is weighing in at 15.8 brillient. There was a time not so long ago before his heart attack that he was heading for 19stone! So I am much in awe of his success!
bow.gif
This has got to be good for his heart.
love.gif

I can;t wait to see my weight tomorrow!!!! I hope it is less again as I am sooo hoping to get down to 10.6! If I do I will have only 5lbs to go until I am the weight I was last year!

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that I am lurking on this thread and cheering you on! The best diet of all happens when you are insistent on losing weight and you so are! You will reach your goal.

Just wanted to say that I am lurking on this thread and cheering you on! The best diet of all happens when you are insistent on losing weight and you so are! You will reach your goal.

Thanks for the support - sometimes I feel quite lonely here but even if no one else posts anything I am still going to post and keep this up.
I am 6lbs off what I was this time last year so even if I get down to that I will feel I have accomplished something. It is so easy to trick yourself into thinking "oh well it's just half a stone I will get that off in a day or so"! Trust me it doesn't and sooner than you think another half stone comes to join it and they sit on your hips and belly and laugh at you trying to do up your pants! Folk say not to weigh yourself everyday - but I tried that and look where it got me! The deceptive whispers of - "well that little old lb doesn;t count, it's probably fluid? " these are just lies we all tell ourselves to justify what we know went into our mouthes!

Oes

Oes, still rooting for you. Wouldn't want you to get discouraged and quit. Just keep picturing skinny self on a beach in Spain. How is DH doing? Hope his recovery is going well. Best Wishes
Deb

Back
Top Bottom