diatomaceous earth - did I buy right kind?

I buy, what is supposed to be the highest quality food grade available, on eBay. Its $2.50/lb plus shipping. You have to order more than a couple pounds to make it worth the shipping. (shipping for first lb is $7 and $1 for each additional lb)
I ordered mine on a Thurs. and had it on Sat.
If anyone is interested email me for the eBay sellers username. (he's in Arkansas)

Thanks everyone,

All of this information is SO helpful! I have emailed Wally my zip code, and bookmarked dirtworks. Thanks, Speckled Hen, for posting all of that info. I guess I live in the wrong part of Florida, the nearest is about 200 miles from me. Maybe Wally can give me someone closer in Alabama (I'm only a few miles from AL).

And yes, I do find that the feed store folks are NOT a good source of info. Some of them don't seem to know anything. I still don't know how bad an idea it was, but one place told me their gamebird starter was fine for my chicks at 28% protein ... seems if I was adding eggs to that it would push protein too high. Anyways ... I guess just like anything else, to be safe you should do your own research when possible before shopping.

I will also be emailing you about the eBay seller, in case that turns out to be my best option. We don't have any bugs on the chickens right now, although I would like to be able to treat this poor kitten for fleas. He can just endure another bath in the meantime, so I guess I'm not in TOO big a hurry for it. I can keep looking for a week or so I guess.

Thanks everyone, SOOOOO much! I really appreciate all of the helpful info!

trish

Here's the Alabama info for you-any close to you?? Oops, I know Centre isn't since my cousins live there, but maybe somewhere else is within range.
Builders Cash and Carry - Daleville, AL 344- 598-2481

Donaldson Boer Goats - Enterprise, AL 334-347-2052 or 344-464-4942

Paul Ponder - Horton, AL 256-891-7578 or 256-264-5247

Ann Fuque - Brewton, AL 251-867-4687

Stanley Lamar - Centre, AL 256-475-6646 or 256-630-1806

Dale & Kathy Peterson -Birmingham AL 205-991-5500

Jack Jolley-Bridgeport ,AL 205-873-0612

Kirsten Russell - Tonie, AL 256-828-5397 or 256-828-9006

Last edited:
Oh, yes, THANK YOU!

Brewton is about 40 miles from here. I have a friend that goes there every week or so. Maybe I can get her to pick some up for me, and if not, I can run up there myself.

Thank you!
smile.png

trish

I just called the lady in Brewton, Al, this morning to see if she had any in stock. She had no idea what I was talking about. She only stocks a few things for goats and coy ponds!!!!!!
sad.png

GoodEgg, where are located at?

Last edited:
Awwww ... I thought I had it. I hadn't called yet. Thanks for the info.

I'm near Pensacola, Florida (north of it), between Pensacola and Atmore, Alabama. Anything in that range is close enough to drive to. The zip 32534 is pretty close to me.

Thanks!
trish

Try Mannings in Milton. (Corner of Alabama St and Munson HWY) They have really cleaned that place up and made a NICE place to shop. Much better than Chavers which, quite frankly, is a health hazard to all.

Last edited:
Speckled Hen--where did you get that supplier list??? I have been calling around CT for it....havent found it yet. I was getting ready to order it from dirtworks.net but hate to pay shipping if I dont have too....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom