Diatomaceous Earth - Human Use-dosage etc. WOW !!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Chicken Woman, Oct 26, 2008.

1. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    I would like to know just who this person is and where the info came from. Not everything in print can be believed. [​IMG]

2. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    Quote:I dont use a mask or a respirator when using ours....but I probably am not the best to take advice from as I do lots of things i probably shouldnt.

3. spatcher

spatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Virginia - Southside
    Quote:Which person?

4. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    What person ?

5. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Research this one. I do not think you can harm yourself using food grade DE. The real question is are you doing yourself any good, especially considering the cost?

6. spatcher

spatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Virginia - Southside
    One study I read (had all the Dr's, PHD's Scientists and other professionals listed) said it was being used in medical studies for autistic children because it had the potential of removing metals from the body i.e mercury and lead. Study's are just that and each of us have to make our own decisions. I do take it faithfully and whether or not it is just in my head, I do feel better! Thats all I got to say about that LOL

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

A mask would be a good thing to use no matter what the small particles were. Dust, sand, smoke, 100% safe and inert things to touch are all bad if they get into your lungs.

8. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    IM not sure why you would worry about the cost as it is really not expensive and goes along way.

9. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Spatcher, how DO you take it? Mix it with a liquid or what?

10. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    I was asking who Chicken Women is because she sounds like a salesperson for a company who sells DE. And I was wondering where her info came from. I have been familiar with DE for several years now and have used it for my birds. But I have yet to see any "proof" that it actually does all it is said to do. Inquiring minds want the truth, not the hype. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by