Diatomaceous Earth. *URGENT*

Quote:
Not necessarily

The brand I get from my feed store is earth-colored, labeled for use in livestock feed and safe for human consumption - the label has animals all over it, kind of universal

It also does not say food grade but is labeled as a food additive. It's all in the way it's labelled, I suppose

Quote:
Not necessarily

The brand I get from my feed store is earth-colored, labeled for use in livestock feed and safe for human consumption - the label has animals all over it, kind of universal

It also does not say food grade but is labeled as a food additive. It's all in the way it's labelled, I suppose

I got mine at a mom and pop feed store and it is earth colored. It says food grade and for use in animal feed for the prevention of insects. So it is not always white.

Mine is not white. I would go to Agway and look at the bag. It says it is safe for use in kitchens and pantries, it may be food grade. Also the one from Lowes says it is organic, so it may also be good. If it is just for dust baths I would use it (as long as it is 100% DE). I mix mine with sand from Lowes, by the concrete. Not play sand. You can also use Seven Dust to add to the sand.

Last edited:
I've been using the one from the first link. The feed store had it labeled food grade DE on the shelf and it does say it's safe for pets on it's label. Am I doing the wrong thing! If the feed store is selling it as food grade, then shouldn't it be?

Back
Top Bottom