Did anybody tell you what aging is all about!

Ohh the great ageing debate........... what I dislike about getting older is the fact that inside you still feel young, but my body just can't keep up with me! ............
lol.png

The good thing about getting old is that most or your enemies are dead, but then again so are most of your friends.

When you realize you are the oldest generation of your family, it is really sad and scary. Worse is when your kids and grandkids start asking about how you want your funeral.

Please don't bury me in anything polyester.

Think about all the things you have tucked away. Get rid of all those mismatch socks and clothes that you can never fit into again.

Think about how your kids are going to feel thowing away the Nehru jacket, the love beads and bell bottom trousers.

Get rid of all the pictures of the old girl friends. "Who is that? And why is she hanging onto Grampa?"

Rufus

No one told ME that getting old happened so young! I could never wait to grow up & now I have gray hair, wobbly skin & aches that would make a 80 year old proud.
I'm not even close to 30-sigh. On the bright side, whilst my 71 year old father & I were comparing our aches on skype the other day (I unanimously won-too many broken bones & early arthritis), he said that there was no way that I would live to 71 which was quite a relief for me. He said I would wear out my guardian angels long before that as they are already working at 10 times their normal pace just to keep me alive-LOL. I was a wild teen & now live in the West Bank of Israel.

On the up side of getting older, I now will wear whatever I darn well please to the store! Before when I went out in public I would think OMG I can't wear this! Now they just better be glad I have clothes on!!
lau.gif
sickbyc.gif

I am 40 and will be 41 in october. I love being this age. I know who I am on the inside. I know what it is that I want in life and I know now that I expect joy out of life instead of things. I know now that our purposes here are unique and divine. Every moment we experience in our lives is a divinely chosen event created by ourselves to teach us another way to love bigger and better all that is around us and ourselves. I'll trade looks for knowledge, wisdom and love any day. We all know coming into life that it is but a temporary journey and the only sin in life is when we do not do or be our best in each moment. Never pass up an opportunity to tell those in your life that you love them. Choose to be happy, no matter what and happiness is what you will find.

Wow, very eloquent post above mine.

I just turned 40, and still have long blond hair. Today, I wore it in braided pigtails, in PUBLIC. It was hot, and I DON'T CARE. So some things are better. My body, not so much
hmm.png

Last edited:
Lol i feel so young some times.I live next door to my grandparents. My Grandma can't walk anymore due to a stroke so i really value my legs the most. I plan to do everything that takes lots of movement while I'm still young whether its a 'wise thing to do with my money" or not. If I work until i can really afford everything my body will be too tired to do it! My mom started getting hot flashes when i was 12 and she was always kind enough to wake me up so we could chat in the middle of the night because she couldn't sleep. I know whats coming and I am officially NOT in a hurry to grow up.
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
I have no problem whatsoever with getting old. Am at that age now (50+) that I can do whatever I want to do, and I dont give a rats patootie what people think. I can wear what I want, do what I want, and can be called "eccentric". I finally feel like I can "relax"; Im not in such a hurry, Im not near as worried about the little things as I used to be. In the grand sceme of things, they just aren't important.

Best part of getting old; it beats the alternative.

Back
Top Bottom