Did anyone else order from Welp?? worried newbie

farrier!

Songster
10 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Southern Illinois
Ok, this will be our first ever experience with chickens/chicks. I have already ordered the wrong breed for 4-H but showing was not our main purpose.

After reading all the horror stories about dead chicks from all over has anyone else ordered from Welp?
Our chicks are not coming until the middle of April. I moved down a hatch date because we may be gone the Friday, Sat and Sunday before shipping. They don't ship early do they?
Has anyone ordered this year from them? Good Bad????

Waiting is NOT my strong point........

Now I am really worried!!!! No answers.....
sad.png

I have ordered from them a number of times and had great success with the stock they sent. I found thier service to be quite good.

I also found their stock hardier in some ways than from other hatcheries and feed stores. I like them as far as larger hatcheries go

I've ordered from Welp, and not had any problems...

The things that get us when we order live chicks are
a) holidays on Mondays following ship dates, and
b) cold winter temps between you and the hatchery.

We hear about the bad stuff because people like to share bad stuff. But I'll bet for every bad story, there are 10 good ones... don't worry until you see the chicks.
wink.png

I've ordered from them last year (50 meat chicks) and they all did very well. The service I got from Welp was fantastic.

I have another order with them that is due to ship March 25 (2 weeks away).
I anticipate everything going fine again, unless we have a deep freeze when they are in transit.

That's where our chicks came from about 1 1/2 weeks ago. They were shipped to our Bomgaars store. I was supposed to get 8, they ordered plenty more from the store. I came home with 22! We only lost one, and I think it was our fault. We didn't get a backside clean-note to newbies-read the post about poopy butts!

We got Black Australorps, Buff Orpingtons, Light Brahmas, Dark Brahmas, Barred Rocks, Blue Wyandotts, and Black Jersey Giants.

We are VERY pleased with their progress-I hope you are too!

I ordered from them last year and only lost one (xtra chick) during shipping.They are very healthy beautiful chickens and have ordered 26 more this year and should be getting them mid April. Can't wait!!! Love there low price (free shipping) good service!!

Back
Top Bottom