Did anyone set chicken eggs on April 11th?

My incubater is a black sex link hen that went broody about a week before i got the eggs I don't have a rooster so I found some eggs on craigs list about 5 miles from my place and bought a dozen they are barred rocks, brahmas, and breda I hope they all hatch this is my first time hatching. I never had a broody hen before but its working.

My incubater is a black sex link hen that went broody about a week before i got the eggs I don't have a rooster so I found some eggs on craigs list about 5 miles from my place and bought a dozen they are barred rocks, brahmas, and breda I hope they all hatch this is my first time hatching. I never had a broody hen before but its working.
That sounds really exciting. I had a hen go broody the same day the eggs in my incubator hatched.
th.gif

I'm trying to get some local eggs to put under her to see if she's a good mother.

Best of luck to you!

10 egg free so far with three more who have pipped.

The eggs I gave to my father have not hatched yet and he doesn't seem to think they're going to hatch. We aren't the most patient people though. I gave him the "easier to use" Brinsea mini advanced, so you'd think his would do something.

In total 19 eggs hatched from my incubator and 5 hatched (finally!) from my father's incubator. 7 eggs didn't hatch, although they seemed to have grown to full term. The only one I fully eggtopsied looked as though there were some growth issues going on although it had seemed to be the most active right before hatch.

Unfortunately, one of my 19 died a couple of days ago. It was the last to hatch and did have issues, so I'm not surprised. Since the rooster for my birds was a Dorking, the five toe gene seemed to have passed down to most of the clutch although a lot of the mixed breed chicks had slightly deformed toes, including a couple who had five toes on the right foot and four toes on the left, oddly enough. I won't be mixing the Dorkings again.

The ones I got from a nice woman in NH hatched well. No idea if what I have are roosters or hens, but of the three full Dorkings that seemed to have hatched, two look to be pullets (yay! at least 2!).

I hope everyone else's hatches went well!

Out of the 22 I have 16 so far. One came on the 7th 12 came on the 8th and 3 yesterday!!!! I have one left in the bator and still alive in its shell
1f423.png
1f600.png
3 past earlier on and 2 pasted at day 18&20.

Back
Top Bottom