Did I accidently make a sex link?

Thinking the barred rock is the father. I dont see any sign of a rosecomb gene in he chick
The chick should not have a rose comb from any combination of those parent breeds.
Crevecoeur (mother) = V comb
Brahma (not-father) = pea comb
Barred Rock (possible father) = single comb
Bielefelder (possible father) = single comb

(I would have expected to see a v-comb on the chick, and I don't, so maybe the mother does not have the right comb for her breed? Or she might carry the recessive gene for not-V comb.)

The chick should not have a rose comb from any combination of those parent breeds.
Crevecoeur (mother) = V comb
Brahma (not-father) = pea comb
Barred Rock (possible father) = single comb
Bielefelder (possible father) = single comb

(I would have expected to see a v-comb on the chick, and I don't, so maybe the mother does not have the right comb for her breed? Or she might carry the recessive gene for not-V comb.)
Oh shoot, you're right. I swear i saw Dominique and not bielfielder.

I agree with the vcomb though, my birds with 1 Vgene all had little stars on their combs from hatch

So now I know I also got some sex links :p

7491.jpg

7492.jpg

img (23).jpg
img (1).jpg

They became big boys now.
890.jpg

499_0.jpg

3 Ladies looked like this when they were young.
7494.jpg

Now they look like this - two lay dark brown eggs and the other for olive eggs
7495.jpg

Attachments

• 7495.jpg
    7495.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 888.jpg
    888.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 1
Update on the chick.
Now that i think back the only other white egg layer I had was my blue andalusian. So if it's her chick, and it turns out to be a girl, I did do some sexlink magic with the barred rock! Because the boys would be blue like mom. (If I understand sex linking correctly)
It does look to be a pullet at this point!
Exactly 8 weeks old now
20220221_132452.jpg
20220221_132455.jpg

Update on the chick.
Now that i think back the only other white egg layer I had was my blue andalusian. So if it's her chick, and it turns out to be a girl, I did do some sexlink magic with the barred rock! Because the boys would be blue like mom. (If I understand sex linking correctly)
No, that is not correct about sexlinking.

With a barred father, ALL chicks should have white barring, males and females.

With a blue mother, chicks could be black or blue (either color being male or female, and both colors having white barring from the father).

No, that is not correct about sexlinking.

With a barred father, ALL chicks should have white barring, males and females.

With a blue mother, chicks could be black or blue (either color being male or female, and both colors having white barring from the father).
Good to know, apparently I was told wrong😊

Back
Top Bottom