Did I get swindled?

i normally order from Strombergs and theyve been great. I heard McMurrey is good but havent ordered form them
McMurray is awesome. I've ordered from them once and it went well, I know others have ordered from them for years, and done well with them.

Other good hatcheries - Cackle, Mt Healthy, Murray McMurray, and there's a number of others I don't recall. I use Welp for cornish cross meat birds, and have had a good experience.

I have been raising these guys since they were two days old. They are now almost 8 months old. I ordered all females, and obviously it didn’t shake out that way but I still love them. They are supposed to be barred rocks and partridge rocks but I don’t know enough about chickens to confirm or deny that’s what they really are. This is my first flock. I’ve had people I really trust say they are all roosters. And I’ve had people I trust say there are some hens in the mix.
Only two of them crow (Jalapeño and Freckles). No one lays (or if they are they are hiding their stash). And no one mounts (at least not in my presence).
Any chance I have any hens? Or was I swindled and given all roosters?
View attachment 3596366View attachment 3596368View attachment 3596367View attachment 3596370View attachment 3596390View attachment 3596391View attachment 3596392
Ron Burgandy - love the name. Those are some really beautiful boys. Sorry you had trouble! I hope you find them a good home or they make you a nice dinner. I ordered from Mt Healthy. So far so good. Ordered 7 RIR hens, got 9 hens and they're not show quality or anything but good enough for me and no complaints or problems.

Back
Top Bottom