Did I mess up?

motherhen3000

In the Brooder
Sep 3, 2022
Hello all, first time hatching out silkies. I’m using the NR360. The whole time the humidity has been at 40-45 and on day 3 I bumped it up to 60-65%. I candled them at day 18 and saw movement and we were seeing wiggling on the outside of the eggs, but now, day 20, we aren’t seeing the eggs wiggle at all, no peeping either. Everyone has also told me that silkies come early? What happened? Did I do something wrong? Should I candle them? TIA

Hello all, first time hatching out silkies. I’m using the NR360. The whole time the humidity has been at 40-45 and on day 3 I bumped it up to 60-65%. I candled them at day 18 and saw movement and we were seeing wiggling on the outside of the eggs, but now, day 20, we aren’t seeing the eggs wiggle at all, no peeping either. Everyone has also told me that silkies come early? What happened? Did I do something wrong? Should I candle them? TIA
The humidity should only be raised to 60-65% on day 18-21, not as early as day 3.

With humidity too high the risk of the chicks drowning in the egg while pipping internally is very high.

Back
Top Bottom