Did u know that PAM cooking spray kills ants?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by punkin, Aug 7, 2008.

1. punkin

punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    East Tennessee
    A few days ago, I noticed ants (again) marching up and down the wire to help themselves to my hummingbird feeder. I had previously used vaseline on it but that just melted. I don't know why I grabbed the PAM, but I did. I guess I thought it might make it slippery or something. I sprayed around the hanger first, and it KILLED the ants instantly.

Now, I'm thinking that I use this in my skillet to fry food?

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Oh my! That's great to know for the ants but very scary that we use that stuff to cook with, isn't it?!?! YIKES! [​IMG]

3. punkin

Jun 18, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Probably with all these chemicals we put in our body, pretty soon we will be able to pee on stuff and kill it. (Sorry, can I say pee on this forum?)

4. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    [​IMG]

5. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    [​IMG] Hillarious punkin!!!!!

6. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    Quote:Yeah...but it is funny that with all those chemicals we are living longer healthier lives than when everything was "all-natural"...[​IMG]

7. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Have you wondered why the cancer rate it going up in the U.S.? My sister was diagnosed with lymphoma a year and a half ago at age 37 and it seems that every where we turn there are friends or people that we know that are being diagnosed with cancer of some sort. Ever since my sisters diagnosis, our family has been reading a lot about cancer causing products. I have come to the conclusion that it is just the way our food is made now. All of the preservatives are not a good thing. If my kids want cookies now, I bake them from scratch. I will not buy snacks from the store anymore. We make them! No more canned vegetables either! Only fresh or frozen. Did you know that deli meat is horrible for you?!?! The list goes on and on! Very scary!

8. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Not true anymore. The cancer rate in the US is skyrocketing every year.

9. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, and the only reason we are living longer is because we have the technology and knowledge to combat the diseases(up to a point...still no cure for cancer)

10. punkin

Jun 18, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Quote:Have you wondered why the cancer rate it going up in the U.S.? My sister was diagnosed with lymphoma a year and a half ago at age 37 and it seems that every where we turn there are friends or people that we know that are being diagnosed with cancer of some sort. Ever since my sisters diagnosis, our family has been reading a lot about cancer causing products. I have come to the conclusion that it is just the way our food is made now. All of the preservatives are not a good thing. If my kids want cookies now, I bake them from scratch. I will not buy snacks from the store anymore. We make them! No more canned vegetables either! Only fresh or frozen. Did you know that deli meat is horrible for you?!?! The list goes on and on! Very scary!

I have started doing the same thing. Most of our stuff I now make from scratch. Did you know that they now offer "all natural" turkey and ham deli meats?, no addatives or preservatives.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by