Did we do ok with our silkie chicks? *a few pics

Jencleg

Songster
8 Years
May 5, 2011
Jasper
Here is a few pictures of our 1 month old silkies we bought on Monday... I have no experience with how they are supposed to look, but they look a little pitiful to me. Here are a few of my concerns...

(1) white one is covered for the most part but it is really small even next to the other white one that is small too compared to the others. It is my little man's favorite, so I need it to be ok
hmm.png

90422_chicks_014.jpg

(1) of my black ones is missing a bit of feathers in a big spot too. We noticed he also has bubbles in his eyes. He is here with the other lil white one and it has a completely bald chest & a bald bottom.

90422_chicks_011.jpg

The others are (2) reds that look great and (1) black that is my daughters & it looks pretty good too!

90422_chicks_013.jpg

90422_chicks_015.jpg

90422_chicks_017.jpg

Are white silkies usually smaller than other colors or are our others bigger because they might be roosters? Did we do ok? Do they look normal?
hide.gif
Sooo nervous that we might have made a mistake when we bought them from a store & not a breeder!!! Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to reassured that we had some normal babies! Thank you!!

They look like nice, pet quality silkies! You've done a great job. Right now, they look to be in their "awkward teenager" stage, and that's because they're half out of their baby fuzz, and half into their grown-up feathers......That will pass in time.

I would just like to say that you can't go wrong as long as you're feeding them a good chick starter/grower or grower feed......

Take care,
Sharon

Oh, cute little boy! DARLING!

So is that my difference? Pet quality vs Show quality? I just knew that when I look @ all the pics on here, they look kinda sad up against all the other chick pics!
big_smile.png
So the bald spots, the one has 2 HUGE ones will fill in eventually? Thank you for your reply!

And thanks...we think he's kinda cute too, and when you put that baby chick in front of him...
love.gif

Quote:
I couldnt get the pic of it's chest or bottom because they were a little more than freaked out being up that late (we got home late) but I wouldny think so because it is on it's chest dowm close to it's tummy area? and it's bottom is COMPLETELY bald under it's fuzzy tail..Here is another pict from the side

90422_chicks_016.jpg

Think I see what your talking about. Dont look as if there R any sores or anything. I would also wonder about the eyes. I also know there R real fussy heads and some that R clean...Mine dont seem to have much on there heads so maybe mine R different.

Back
Top Bottom