Did we get what we paid for?

Pics

Everose

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ʙᴏᴛʜ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟʏ.
Premium Feather Member
Jan 16, 2021
The Great Country of Texas
So we bought 6 4week old female couturnix quail and most of them look like males with some spots on their breasts did we get ripped off?

Attachments

• IMG_20210226_115128675.jpg
    IMG_20210226_115128675.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20210226_115044734.jpg
    IMG_20210226_115044734.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210226_115033483.jpg
    IMG_20210226_115033483.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
There are 2 definite males. Egyptian is just the term for a roux (red) colored wild patterned bird. None of those birds are roux, but the males can carry it unseen, a female will show roux with only one copy because it’s a sex linked trait. That has no bearing on your birds tho. The second and third photo are 100% male no doubt, and anyone who has any experience breeding would know that and had no business selling them as females. the first looks female, but I see red popping up in the chest, so it could end up being male. If you paid extra for all females, you got ripped off, you should contact the seller and get your money back for at least the 2 with red chests.

Thank
There are 2 definite males. Egyptian is just the term for a roux (red) colored wild patterned bird. None of those birds are roux, but the males can carry it unseen, a female will show roux with only one copy because it’s a sex linked trait. That has no bearing on your birds tho. The second and third photo are 100% male no doubt, and anyone who has any experience breeding would know that and had no business selling them as females. the first looks female, but I see red popping up in the chest, so it could end up being male. If you paid extra for all females, you got ripped off, you should contact the seller and get your money back for at least the 2 with red chests.
Thank you! We spent extra money for females and we just wanted plain old brown jumbo couturnix not color variations so we will not be doing business with this particular breeder again.

Why can't people do honest business anymore☹️

Thank
Thank you! We spent extra money for females and we just wanted plain old brown jumbo couturnix not color variations so we will not be doing business with this particular breeder again.

Why can't people do honest business anymore☹️
If you list your state or area, there might be someone on the site near you that has birds available for sale.

The breeder just said male couturnix have no speckles around their necks whatsoever...🤨 Is this true? Because our male couturnix at home has some tiny ones around his neck like the quail in the first pictures.

The breeder just said male couturnix have no speckles around their necks whatsoever...🤨 Is this true? Because our male couturnix at home has some tiny ones around his neck like the quail in the first pictures.
My males have some that you could consider speckles, but they're different colors too so I'm not quite sure

Back
Top Bottom