Did you know that chickens can learn tricks??

Quote:
OH.MY.GOSH....
ep.gif

Awesome photos! Lenore and Poe were jumping for berry filled pancakes the other day. My boyfriend loves giving the birds leftovers. >_<

mine jump 4 treats, come when called, one roo we had would come get me if anyone in the flock was fighting or he would brake up the fight on his own. so sweet, but little prince died at the age of 7 fighting off a red tailed hawk.

6chickens in St. Charles :

OMG your girls are adorable! Your daughter in her swimsuit and cloggies with her leaping chickens is like the quintessential happy childhood picture!

Here's an idea for your girl and her girls, but be warned I am not cute like your little girl and my mutt chicken is not adorable like your BO's, but you'll get the picture! I watched some Bob Bailey training videos a few years back, and YES chickens are easily trained:

I have one EE hen who's big like your BO's and when she lands on my arm she almost knocks me over, but that's just her sense of humor. With even smaller chicken trainers, maybe a prop (chair?) would be a better idea. Or a head. I had a bantam rooboy who often landed on my shoulder and my head, while my chronically sick shoulder was too sore, he was soooo sweet. Most critters are smarter than we give them credit for, I think sometimes its US who need to listen and pay attention!

Esther is AMAZING!!! How on earth did you teach them to do that?? My girls want to teach their Henny Penny's now.

Great smart chicken!! I actually left a comment on your video a couple days ago.​

Back
Top Bottom