Did you see the Octagon on sale for $99?

If that bator will hatch me an egg ill take two.... I cant get a single egg to hatch
sad.png
. I am about to give up.

Ordered mine last week using the 10% code. Between the sale and the coupon I saved almost $140. It arrives tomorrow! Now all I have to do is talk DH into letting me use it early for Mahonri's New Year's Eve hatch-a-long!

I got one last time it went on sale, too, so I could hatch with it. I have a Hova for incubating, but it is a pain to clean if you hatch with it. I use my new Eco for hatching, and its flawless. I dont even use a hygrometer in it. On Day 18, I just transfer the eggs over, fill the water troughs, close up, and voila! perfect hatches. I can even open it and take out the dry chicks and the eggs that havent hatched yet still hatch perfectly. It doesnt hold a whole lot of eggs, but holds enough for me. And its a breeze to clean. Love it.

Quote:
So are you filling the water wells up all the way before you add the towel at the bottom? And this helps keep the humidity up? Someone else had told me they put a wet towel on top of their eggs, but honestly that just didn't appeal to me. What if an egg in the middle hatches first, how would he find his way to the surface? There isn't much room in the eco, so I am thinking if it was full the chicks would experience problems from a towel on top of them.

Yes, basically. I just cant seem to get it totally clean, it stains, and its cumbersome. The Eco I just take apart, rinse out in the sink, spray with a little clorox, rinse, and its clean and ready to go in less than 5 mins. And its CLEAN.

love the brinsea for incubating, but it can be very tight for hatching. And the kids do not get as good a view of the hatching eggs as they would like. I am somewhat considering making a hatcher, but this is such a nice price I could get a second one and use both during the hatching stage.

Very easy to clean.

Quote:
I would just like to thank you... Thank you for getting me in trouble
th.gif

I had to order one, I couldn't help myself. I don't want to hatch 1000000 eggs at a time, just a dozen or two, but I didn't want to pay all that money, for what I buy at the store for 2 bucks, drop a bag of ice in, and a couple of 12 packs of cokes, and throw it away when I'm done. I wanted something that would last for a while. SOOOOOOOOO THANKS! Now I have to be at home b4 my wife opens it..lol.. she won't care, I just got her a new pair of boots!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Oh the temptations.... I was in the check out ready to hit send when I remembered christmas is JUST around the corner so instead sent a link to DH. I hope he takes the hint
tongue.png

;)Really I have been good this year!

Back
Top Bottom