Dilemma...WWYD?

I would have to say "suck it up and go in". Bad karma not to keep your end of the deal.Plus, valuable lesson for the kids. Good luck

If you're too sick to go tonight, I still don't see why that would equate to not going the other two nights?

I'm big on responsibility and if I gave notice and am supposed to work until a certain date, then I'm working until that date. I think you should go rest now and go to work, provided you're well enough. If you're too sick, you should still go rest so you'll feel better, and go tomorrow and the next night and be done and leaving on good terms with everyone. Plus, you never know when you might need a reference from some of those folks in the future, you know?

Quote:
All very good points. THANKS! I'm big on responsibility too...just being a whine bag because i can't sleep and KNOW it's gonna suck
lol.png

Even though I might feel a tad guilty, if it was me, I'd stay home. Just how I would do it. Maybe thats wrong or irresponsible, or what ever, I'd still do it. I'd look at those days as a a chance to get better and maybe relax a bit. Or as days to get caught up on housework etc before the 'real' time off begins.

I say, if ya wanna stay home 3 little days- go for it. Your sick, injured, and plain tired. Look at the days as yours to do with as you need, by next week you'll be in your new job- FULL time momma and wife, you deserve a few hours to chill.

(I'm an enabler, can you tell?
lol.png
)

Quote:
Noooooooooo....never woulda guessed
lau.gif
gig.gif
That is kinda the way I feel about it though...if we weren't working 10's I probably would not be so inclied to stay home. I am trying NOT to be such a wuss...and you aren't helping
tongue.png
lol.png

Quote:
Thanks to my favorite Palestinian!!!
hugs.gif
I think i will...although my boss will never notice...we're just numbers there
wink.png
Not people at all. Production number.

I would say go in, work what you can, and if possible, leave early. Also, even if you work the full shift there is another option. Drive until you don't feel safe driving any further, pull over, set the alarm on your phone for an hour later, and nap for an hour. That way you get a little rest, enough to make it home, and then go to bed. I've done that several times and I only live 20 miles from work!
smile.png
Good luck!

Quote:
Yes, we have these huge 40 gallon barrels we have to tip to pour our parts out...weigh about 800-1000 pounds when full. The bins we use hold about 100 pounds of parts...then we have to lift THAT off the floor and hoist it up shoulder height to put in the bracket that holds it on our assembly table. 10 hours took it's toll
lol.png
It was minor, I kind of reported it, but didn't want to make a big fuss about it. I told my boss, he said 'ok' and then I went home. I DREAD doing it for 3 more nights!! But, it is what it is...i did NOT file a WC claim. I'm quitting...it's a sort of 'what's the point' thing to me. I'd rather not go in
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom