Dilemma...WWYD?

Quote:
I'd be doing an insurance claim for sure then. DH would have a heart attack and DIE if I did that...I'd wake up to the entire McNairy police force surrounding my car
lol.png
lau.gif

Plan to go in. Get to bed NOW. Research has shown that resting is almost as helpful as real sleep; certainly more so than playing around on the computer hoping to get bonafide reasons for not going in. Set your alarm for when you need to get up to get ready. When the alarm goes off, assess how you feel--then make a responsible decision, taking into account your responsibility to your employer and to your family. Consider how well you do/do not feel, and that includes how rested you are or are not. Consider asking your husband to pick you up or taking a cab home rather than driving if needed.

Quote:
I have a reason to not go...more looking for reasons TO go. Not like I need the money, and if these folks wanted me to work for them so bad, they would have taken the opportunity by putting me on first shift like I requested prior to turning in notice. I had seniority over the new girl who was on first shift in training at the time. I OWE them nothing. I'm just debating the pros and cons...and the cold meds are making me HYPER
tongue.png
lol.png
We have no cabs in the sticks, but that would have been a GREAT idea elsewhere! DH is narcoleptic, best if his sleep is not disturbed...he is BAD about sleep seizures when woken mid sleep, so that would be more out of the question than me driving on home myself.

Sigh...I think I'm probably going to go in...and regret it around 10 o'clock tonight
lol.png

Is your gut still telling you that will hit a deer tonight on the way home? I would listen to my gut instincts. I ended working in a bad job a couple of days early, and 10 years later don't regret the decision. I was about to move across the state at the time, and the couple of days were a blessing. On the other hand if you think you will be needing to work there again I would suck it up and go. I would also be hyper aware of every movement on the way home. You have a cold and that is a good reason to stay home.

Quote:
Hang on a minute, this is a very valid reason to not go in. It's just as dangerous to drive while tired as it is to drive drunk. Add to that the fatigue of having a chest cold and it's a recipe for disaster. You might get away with it and make it home safely, but is it really worth the risk?

You are ill, you are exhausted, those are good reasons to call in. Don't feel guilty about it, calling in is the responsible thing to do.

Quote:
I have a reason to not go...more looking for reasons TO go. Not like I need the money, and if these folks wanted me to work for them so bad, they would have taken the opportunity by putting me on first shift like I requested prior to turning in notice. I had seniority over the new girl who was on first shift in training at the time. I OWE them nothing. I'm just debating the pros and cons...and the cold meds are making me HYPER
tongue.png
lol.png
We have no cabs in the sticks, but that would have been a GREAT idea elsewhere! DH is narcoleptic, best if his sleep is not disturbed...he is BAD about sleep seizures when woken mid sleep, so that would be more out of the question than me driving on home myself.

Sigh...I think I'm probably going to go in...and regret it around 10 o'clock tonight
lol.png

Cindi, from your original post.....
"While I could use the extra cash..."

Go ahead, call me names.......

I would go in, if for no other reason than if you apply for a different job at a later date and that company calls your previous employer, they are not very likely to give you a good reference if you skip out on the last few days of work.

Quote:
tongue.png
lol.png

lol.png

Cindi, from your original post.....
"While I could use the extra cash..."

Go ahead, call me names.......

"Need" no i do not NEED it. Use the "extra"...well...can't we all?! I aint mad atcha ranchie but ya have no point on that one
tongue.png

Now, Missy, why aren't you in bed resting?
idunno.gif
old.gif
You aren't going to get well or accomplish anything at work or home if you're running on fumes. Try to rest, really. Don't want you winding up in the hospital or something.

Quote:
Hang on a minute, this is a very valid reason to not go in. It's just as dangerous to drive while tired as it is to drive drunk. Add to that the fatigue of having a chest cold and it's a recipe for disaster. You might get away with it and make it home safely, but is it really worth the risk?

You are ill, you are exhausted, those are good reasons to call in. Don't feel guilty about it, calling in is the responsible thing to do.

I agree, and I did call in. I've had NO sleep since 6 am...I told them I'd be in tomorrow. I only have liability insurance on my car..the $80 I would make tonight does not justify wrecking the family vehicle...and the odds are good that that could/would happen. Oh well if I don't get a good reference. I still feel guilty about it though
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom