1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Ding Dong Debi

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Mar 3, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ah the escapades of staying home and cooking.

I was making Tollhouse cookies, read the recipe wrong and only used 1 stick of butter instead of 2. I noticed the cookies looked like rum balls instead of cookies, so I checked the recipe. DUH!! Soooo, I added the other stick, almost pulled a muscle trying to cream in into the dough and have the 2nd batch in the oven.

[​IMG]

2. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    It happens to the best of us Deb. At least you didn't mistake Desitin for toothpaste.

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Thats why I like the cookies that already mixed and cut, all you have to do is open the package and place on a cookie sheet.

4. lisahaschickens

lisahaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    lol!! I had a friend whose uncle was in a rush to leave the house early in the morning to catch a plane and he accidentally used Icy Hot instead of toothpaste! When they were all loaded in the car on the way to the airplane, everyone got quiet for a moment and heard this smacking noise... and the uncle pipes up and says - "dang, Bill, that's some serious toothpaste you've got at your house!"

Pretty funny once they figured out what he'd used [​IMG]

As for the cooking... it's happened to all of us! I'm sure it'll work out... good luck to you [​IMG]

5. bulldog-girl

bulldog-girl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Estacada, OR
    I have made so many toll house cookies I now the recipe by heart. All in good time Grasshopper. [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

Quote:That right there is a man comment.

7. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    My mom's usually a pretty good cook, so I hated to say anything about the pumpkin pie at Christmas dinner until I looked around and saw everyone else's faces. Turns out she forgot to add the sugar lol. Yech!

8. debilorrah

I did something similar with gravy for thanksgiving. Forgot to skim the fat and it was just a big lump in the pan. Oops.

9. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

You can substitute 1/2 of the butter amount with applesauce, no one will be the wiser [​IMG]

Also, if you leave the batter to sit overnight in the fridge (covered) it allows the moisture to soak into the batter. The cookies you get will have a better rise to them.

10. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    There are cookies? I love cookies. Just so you know. I reeeeeaaaalllly love cookies. Especially Tollhouse cookies. They are the best. If someone overnighted me Tollhouse cookies they might even still be warmish... I'm just sayin'...
    Ummmmmm... cookies...
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by