Direct dosing doxycycline fish powder? Help she’s dying.

Eggcessive

Addict
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
I gave her about 3 drops. will give her 3 more in 12. Sound right?
That is good as a boost, but Corid is usually put in the water for drinking all day long. Dosage is 2 tsp per gallon of the liquid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder for 5 days. A smaller amount can be mixed. Can you separate her inside a dog crate with her own water and food?

Boogiemaam

Chirping
Jun 29, 2020
Riverside, California 92509
That is good as a boost, but Corid is usually put in the water for drinking all day long. Dosage is 2 tsp per gallon of the liquid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder for 5 days. A smaller amount can be mixed. Can you separate her inside a dog crate with her own water and food?
Yes. She’s been her little house hospital all day. still has not eaten all day. 😢I will water her with that corid. That gets mixed fresh every day? And THANK YOU. I hope I’m not being troublesome.

BDutch

Natural
6 Years
May 19, 2015
the Netherlands
My Coop
My Coop
Of course you’re no trouble. Good to ask.

Personally I don’t think her feed is lacking calcium. So I wouldn’t give extra crumbled tablets in the feed. But something on the side is never harmful.

Good luck with the Corid. I doubt if coccidiosis is the problem. Imo it could be just as well be a malfunctioning egg factory caused by a virus or other unknown reason.

Better not use Corid or dewormer with other medicines at the same time. Just one at a time. And give it time to do its job and let her recover from the medicins before trying something else.

Banana01

Songster
Feb 18, 2021
San Martin, Peru
That's way too little of either, and there is not a 5% ivermectin product, but there is a 0.5% one.

Ivermectin dose
  • The 1% dose is 0.05 ml per pound of body weight.
  • The 0.5% dose is 0.1 ml per pound of body weight.

Ivermectin 1% comes in an eye dropper where i live and the dosage is measure in drops. You are trying to say 0.05 mL where most people dont have a ml measure for 0.05. It is certainly posted on labels how many drops to give and comes in a bottle similar to medical eye drops.

There was an ivermectin paste question the other day that had a 5% concentration.

I dont use it much, but it is very heavily overdosed by people trying to use mL. The dosage of 1 drop even works for medium size chickens because of how the drug spreads in the metabolism. But the dose is always 1 drop for babies, 2 drops for medium, and 3 drops for adults. The drug is way too sensitive to use calculated weights and ml. But Im going by actual directions on a product designed for poultry. What directions are you going by?

Boogiemaam

Chirping
Jun 29, 2020
Of course you’re no trouble. Good to ask.

Personally I don’t think her feed is lacking calcium. So I wouldn’t give extra crumbled tablets in the feed. But something on the side is never harmful.

Good luck with the Corid. I doubt if coccidiosis is the problem. Imo it could be just as well be a malfunctioning egg factory caused by a virus or other unknown reason.

Better not use Corid or dewormer with other medicines at the same time. Just one at a time. And give it time to do its job and let her recover from the medicins before trying something else.
I understand what you say. these chickens all eat the same thing and she is the only one with a severe egg laying problem. Not even a little problem, a huge problem From her FIRST EGG. s She's not eating so I am very concerned. This is why I came out all guns blazing’. I thought her posible infection from chronic soft eggs and being bound twice in her short career and perhaps worms as suggested by @Banana01 was important.

Boogiemaam

Chirping
Jun 29, 2020
Ivermectin 1% comes in an eye dropper where i live and the dosage is measure in drops. You are trying to say 0.05 mL where most people dont have a ml measure for 0.05. It is certainly posted on labels how many drops to give and comes in a bottle similar to medical eye drops.

There was an ivermectin paste question the other day that had a 5% concentration.

I dont use it much, but it is very heavily overdosed by people trying to use mL. The dosage of 1 drop evem works becaise of how the drug spreads in the metabolism.
I agree. THANK AGAIN👍

Top Bottom