Direct dosing doxycycline fish powder? Help she’s dying.

I gave her about 3 drops. will give her 3 more in 12. Sound right?
That is good as a boost, but Corid is usually put in the water for drinking all day long. Dosage is 2 tsp per gallon of the liquid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder for 5 days. A smaller amount can be mixed. Can you separate her inside a dog crate with her own water and food?

That is good as a boost, but Corid is usually put in the water for drinking all day long. Dosage is 2 tsp per gallon of the liquid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder for 5 days. A smaller amount can be mixed. Can you separate her inside a dog crate with her own water and food?
Yes. She’s been her little house hospital all day. still has not eaten all day. 😢I will water her with that corid. That gets mixed fresh every day? And THANK YOU. I hope I’m not being troublesome.

Of course you’re no trouble. Good to ask.

Personally I don’t think her feed is lacking calcium. So I wouldn’t give extra crumbled tablets in the feed. But something on the side is never harmful.

Good luck with the Corid. I doubt if coccidiosis is the problem. Imo it could be just as well be a malfunctioning egg factory caused by a virus or other unknown reason.

Better not use Corid or dewormer with other medicines at the same time. Just one at a time. And give it time to do its job and let her recover from the medicins before trying something else.

That's way too little of either, and there is not a 5% ivermectin product, but there is a 0.5% one.

Ivermectin dose
  • The 1% dose is 0.05 ml per pound of body weight.
  • The 0.5% dose is 0.1 ml per pound of body weight.

Ivermectin 1% comes in an eye dropper where i live and the dosage is measure in drops. You are trying to say 0.05 mL where most people dont have a ml measure for 0.05. It is certainly posted on labels how many drops to give and comes in a bottle similar to medical eye drops.

There was an ivermectin paste question the other day that had a 5% concentration.

I dont use it much, but it is very heavily overdosed by people trying to use mL. The dosage of 1 drop even works for medium size chickens because of how the drug spreads in the metabolism. But the dose is always 1 drop for babies, 2 drops for medium, and 3 drops for adults. The drug is way too sensitive to use calculated weights and ml. But Im going by actual directions on a product designed for poultry. What directions are you going by?

Of course you’re no trouble. Good to ask.

Personally I don’t think her feed is lacking calcium. So I wouldn’t give extra crumbled tablets in the feed. But something on the side is never harmful.

Good luck with the Corid. I doubt if coccidiosis is the problem. Imo it could be just as well be a malfunctioning egg factory caused by a virus or other unknown reason.

Better not use Corid or dewormer with other medicines at the same time. Just one at a time. And give it time to do its job and let her recover from the medicins before trying something else.
I understand what you say. these chickens all eat the same thing and she is the only one with a severe egg laying problem. Not even a little problem, a huge problem From her FIRST EGG. s She's not eating so I am very concerned. This is why I came out all guns blazing’. I thought her posible infection from chronic soft eggs and being bound twice in her short career and perhaps worms as suggested by @Banana01 was important.

Ivermectin 1% comes in an eye dropper where i live and the dosage is measure in drops. You are trying to say 0.05 mL where most people dont have a ml measure for 0.05. It is certainly posted on labels how many drops to give and comes in a bottle similar to medical eye drops.

There was an ivermectin paste question the other day that had a 5% concentration.

I dont use it much, but it is very heavily overdosed by people trying to use mL. The dosage of 1 drop evem works becaise of how the drug spreads in the metabolism.
I agree. THANK AGAIN👍

Back
Top Bottom