Direct dosing doxycycline fish powder? Help she’s dying.

She’s willfully drinking her doxy water (500 mg in gallon) and I gave her 3 -4 drops ivermectin.

1% ivermectin

That dilution in water means there is a concentration of 0.0001 g/ml. If the target dose is 10mg, she will have to drink 100 mL of water and no more or less to get the dose eggcessive suggests of 10 mg per day.

You can do it this way, but the medicine is designes to be given orally as a single dose, because you dont know how much she is going to drink. But actually the concentration you put in is okay, just not how the medicine is designed and now you have to worry about antibiotic degradation in the water. Its meant to be direct dosed.

But when i leave antibiotics out in the sun the water turns black, thats why o would be concerned.

Good luck with her recovery, i hope she perks up soon. Eggcessive suggested dose is not way off from what i was saying, so you have treated her with the proper amounts. I was underdosing, chickens do have a higher tolerance some things.

Thank you your patience in this. This doxybisvfish doxy meant to go in an aquarium.
Here is a picture of a 10 mg scooper to see how tiny the amount is. Maybe the grain estimate is off, some powders are too smooth to count. So you may just guess based on that.
View attachment 2946874
oh snap! So that’s tiny. I measured out 100 ml of my doxy solution. It’s about 4oz. I can easily get her to drink that much in a day. Syringe. Then I can be sure. How many days? And do I have to make it new every day?

Thank you your patience in this. This doxybisvfish doxy meant to go in an aquarium.

oh snap! So that’s tiny. I measured out 100 ml of my doxy solution. It’s about 4oz. I can easily get her to drink that much in a day. Syringe. Then I can be sure. How many days? And do I have to make it new every day?
Are there any directions and strength that you can take a picture of? It is always best to dose a chicken directly and doxy can be given twice a day. How much does your chicken weigh?

Doxycycline dosage for chickens is 10-12 mg per pound of weight given daily for 3 days.
Thank you so much. If I used a powder. Must I mix it up every day? It’s so mind boggling to measure out what constitutes 10 mg of the powder I have🥺
Are there any directions and strength that you can take a picture of? It is always best to dose a chicken directly and doxy can be given twice a day. How much does your chicken weigh?
about 3.5 pounds. A smallish 8 month old barred rock.

Attachments

• CF18F1F0-2430-4A0A-9A3F-71B5AF8498A3.png
    CF18F1F0-2430-4A0A-9A3F-71B5AF8498A3.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 2
  • FAADAA93-60BC-45CC-A3DB-585642AE5E1E.jpeg
    FAADAA93-60BC-45CC-A3DB-585642AE5E1E.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 2AEAA8A1-489B-4B03-9A9F-8E81C17D4414.jpeg
    2AEAA8A1-489B-4B03-9A9F-8E81C17D4414.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 2
What % is the ivermectin? Ivermectin is also a very tiny dose. 1% ivermectin dose for your chicken is 2 or 3 drops (probably 2 for a small hen).
That's way too little of either, and there is not a 5% ivermectin product, but there is a 0.5% one.

Ivermectin dose
  • The 1% dose is 0.o5 ml per pound of body weight.
  • The 0.5% dose is 0.1 ml per pound of body weight.

Back
Top Bottom