Disappearing chick?

Jenngee

In the Brooder
Nov 24, 2018
Ayrshire, Scotland
Please help, one of my broodys baby’s has disappeared, there were 5 this morning, now 4. They are about 4/5 weeks old, and she has just started bringing them outside, it’s 0oc today and hubby has brought sheep in to work with, worried they got caught up in a panick with sheep passing and ones got separated. Any tips to find it? Should I cart mum around see if she will call for it.

I have searched everywhere, nothing to be found. I assumed I might come across a body pretty quickly but nothing. They free range so I guess could be anywhere. Having to leave to do school run but when we get back will get kids out to help too

Chicks that disappear are sometimes found here.

The ones that are not found but had been recently seen during daytime hours... have become hawk food in my location... with NO trace of what happened. :hmm

:fl

Ah I hope not, have seen a hawk a couple of times, hubby says he’s been seeing one frequently recently. Bugger. Will look lots more anyway just incase that hasn’t been the case

Well no sign of it, it’s been dark for hours already so have kind of given up hope. Assuming a big bird of some sorts might have lifted it. Usually only have buzzards around and it wouldn’t have been them. So this hawk that’s been around maybe, hope it doesn’t make a habit of it

Back
Top Bottom