Disaster with broody and incubator

Ok, so it’s been a few days...

6/12 exploded

I cleaned the incubator as quickly as I could- I rinsed it down with warm water, but didn’t want to do too much for fear of chemicals and such.

Today is day 17 for 6/10 so I decided to candle, since I’d be locking down tomorrow... I think it’s dead.

I can see the air pocket, but it’s very large, and the contents of the egg seem very wiggly, as I turn it on the flashlight it flops around. Where I could see veins and wiggling chick before- now it seems more like liquid goo sort of sloshing around inside.

Any insight on this?

I still plan to lockdown- just in case- bc previously I thought an egg was dead, cracked it, and discovered a tiny chicken fetus struggling I don’t want to get my hopes up, and I don’t want another egg explosion...

Attachments

• 84C3CFB7-0B02-485D-8210-523E3075351E.jpeg
    84C3CFB7-0B02-485D-8210-523E3075351E.jpeg
    343 KB · Views: 7

6/12 exploded

I cleaned the incubator as quickly as I could- I rinsed it down with warm water, but didn’t want to do too much for fear of chemicals and such.

Today is day 17 for 6/10 so I decided to candle, since I’d be locking down tomorrow... I think it’s dead.

I can see the air pocket, but it’s very large, and the contents of the egg seem very wiggly, as I turn it on the flashlight it flops around. Where I could see veins and wiggling chick before- now it seems more like liquid goo sort of sloshing around inside.

Any insight on this?

I still plan to lockdown- just in case- bc previously I thought an egg was dead, cracked it, and discovered a tiny chicken fetus struggling I don’t want to get my hopes up, and I don’t want another egg explosion...

I can't really tell, but I've had ones that look like that go both ways. I'd leave it as long as it doesn't smell. :fl

At this point would I be able to smell it from outside the shell? Without any cracks or anything? The whole incubator still smells raunchy from the egg that did explode, but would this one smell if I sniffed it?

6/12 exploded

Any insight on this?

That egg looks bad to me. I totally get the "there's always hope" mentally. In my limited experience eggs that slosh around, liquefy, after developing normally are dead. Let's hope I'm wrong.

This is so mind boggling :confused: its so hard to tell the difference between good and bad bc they basically look the same lol every time I start to think it’s useless and hopeless I find something else online and I’m like wellllll

But then I hate to be optimistic bc this egg has been through hell and back, it’s survival chances have been limited from the get go

Back
Top Bottom